Tough week

Lynnegetsbrave
on 2/16/13 8:18 pm

I had my sleeve on Dec. 5th and all had been going on swimmingly until last week when everything in my life seemed to go downhill. I have lymphedema and for the past seven years have been pretty much home bound until the last month when I have been more mobile and felt better.  One week ago I hit the 75 pound weight loss mark...then disaster.  I didn't change my eating habits. I eat about 80 to 90 grams of protein, less than 700 calories, less than 25 g of carbs and pretty much salt free (I don't salt anything, eat pretty clean, so my only sodium is found in cottage cheese or laughing cow cheese).  I gained 5 lbs. in four days.  What the heck is this?  I drink 80 to 90 ounces of water a day.

The rational part of myself knows that this is probably my body regrouping and I have hit a dreaded stall.  On the other hand, how can I gain weight when I am eating so few calories?  Then my computer went to the graveyard and then my modem dropped dead and I couldn't even get on here for some support.  Now my pre-op behavior would have been to drown my sorrows in food, however I did not choose this option, I didn't even consider it.  

Why am I writing this?  I just wonder has this happened to others?  I am going to keep on keeping on and now that I have internet access I will get back to being accountable on this site by making goals and tracking what I eat.  However it is depressing to see that scale go up, when you know you are doing the right things.  I still want to lose 150 lbs...I don't have time for this "gaining" weight.  I am determined but sad.

MomofMarch
on 2/16/13 9:28 pm - GA

I'm sorry hon! I have had an episode where I put on 3 lbs in one day! A lot of it was water weight and bloating, which can happen even if you're living sodium free. Keep doing what you are doing, because it's the "right" thing to do! Remember that the weightloss isn't a race. You WILL lose that 150! I can almost guarantee that if you are pushing your fluids and getting in your proteins, those pounds are going to fall right off of you. Hang in there dear!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Machelle.K
on 2/17/13 12:30 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I know it is frustrating but those pounds are not permanent! Just keep doing the right things and I’m willing to bet you see another big swing on another day in the losing direction. Hang in there…

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

grannymedic1
on 2/17/13 3:06 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I agree with the others, keep on keeping on, it will change. When I was in my losing phase I would go down 1 lb. up 4 oz, up 2lbs

down 8 oz. up some more then a 3 lb drop, all in the same week. It also can just go up and stay there for a while then take that sudden drop. Frustrating, yes, but you will overcome. I still can gain 3 lbs. in one day and the next be back down. Who the heck knows.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Most Active