Had my pre-surgery meeting today

jenn227
on 2/21/13 4:05 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

It's funny, I have been reading and re-reading everything I can find online plus the documents the nurse sent me, so I felt pretty comfortable with everything discussed today.  My hubby almost passed out when the nurse went over the shots we need to take home (lol...6'3" baby that he is!)...he will NOT be helping me with that!  But the rest he handled really well!  The surg nurse called me today and was asking me about the rest of my evals.  I am all booked up from now until March 8th (my dietician appt).  She was a little bit worried that I don't get my psych eval until 3/4 (that was the soonest I could get in) and hinted about pushing back my followup visit to later in March.  But my surgeon had said if I at least get everything scheduled, I should be able to get a surg date next week (I go back to see him on 2/27).  She laughed and said he needed to stop doing that, but she said we can tentatively get me scheduled, and they may have to postpone if my reports aren't in in time.  One good thing, I do know the practice manager at the psych office (coincidence...I used to work with her), so I'm not gonna be shy.  I sent an email asking if it was possible to get the report to my surgeon the same week as the appt...can't hurt to ask, right?

I feel really CALM, which is nice.  I knew going into this that mid-March may be impossible for my surg date, depending on my evals, but I'm doing everything in my power to get it done, so if it is meant to be, it will happen.  That initial last meal panic I had for a few days 2 weeks ago thank goodness has faded back into the background.  I KNOW that I am not being deprived of food for the rest of my life....I just need to retrain my brain and start to take care of my body!

I spent a few hours yesterday looking at fashion trends online lol.  I am trying to picture myself thin and healthy, doing things I really love to do (riding my bike, swimming, travelling) without the constraints that this weight has put on me. 

More than anything, reading the posts on this website is really helping me to prepare.  I love that so many of my questions have been answered, without my having to even think of them ahead of time ha ha!  I can't wait to be posting that I'm on my way to be sleeved.  Here's hoping it is soon :)

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active