this is so painful

Tia T.
on 2/27/13 11:36 pm
I had surgery early Monday morning and it is now early Thursday. I have been released from the hospital but staying in the hospital guest quarters for a couple of nights because of how far my house is to my surgeon. This is, by far, the most painful experience of my life! It is hard to remember my reasons for having the surgery when I am in this much pain. The gas pain was horrible! My gas pain has gone down, but now I am in pain from the incisions. I need the vets to tell me when I will feel better and that this pain is worth it...

Tia
                                Looking for my inner peace

louisamay
on 2/27/13 11:43 pm
VSG on 04/27/12

I can't tell you how long, but I can tell you for sure IT IS WORTH IT.

You spent years with the weight. A few days of pain will be forgotten soon when you see the pounds start falling off, and when you see the difference on your body you are going to be so very glad you did this!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Kcdietz
on 2/27/13 11:47 pm - GA
The 4th day was terrible for me too. I woke up crying and told my husband i didnt think i could move. Take your pain meds and if they are not working call your doctor. He might be able to give you something different. It does start getting better everyday. Make sure to get your water in and rest. By the end of my first week, I felt much better. I'm now 2 1/2 weeks out and feel pretty good. I'm still tender at one incision site, but I wouldn't call it pain. I hope you feel better soon.

Tia T.
on 2/28/13 12:19 am
I think part of the problem is I wait a long time to take them because they knock me out, and that's a half dose. I think I will try adult Tylenol to take the edge off when I don't want to take the prescription and sleep.

Ms Shell
on 2/28/13 12:51 am - Hawthorne, CA

What's wrong with being knocked out?  You need the rest as well as the other balancing act post op.

I turned a corner at day 10 post op.  Seemed like I woke up and my pain was gone.

Ms Shell

Lynnegetsbrave
on 2/28/13 5:15 am

I agree with you Shell..if you are staying in the housing at the hospital...who cares if you sleep...better to take the pain meds and sleep than be awake and focus on the pain...

howarli
on 2/27/13 11:51 pm - MD

I don't consider myself a  vet but I do know............if all goes well, I'm sure this time next week or even sooner you will be feeling a whole lot better.  Please keep moving and drinking plenty of fluids.  Just keep taking walks up and down the halls and sip, sip, sip.  Keep us posted. 

Father Don
on 2/27/13 11:51 pm - Charleston, SC

I had to stay a week due to my distance.  I felt GREAT when I left the hospital!  Survived a 6+ hour ride home (Brother drove).

After the first night in my own bed - what a great sleep - I woke up and had to pee (hopefully not TMI)....well I could get up off the flat bed - too much pain!  After scooting around, and using the footboard....I was able to get up  - approx 1 hour later!!!!!!

The pain does subside....it will hurt when you start using your stomach muscles more (after all, they cut through them)....

Is it worth it?  HELL YES!   I have lost 229 pounds...over 4 years out....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Tia T.
on 2/28/13 12:16 am
Last night was a flat bed, and OMG. There were a couple of times I thought about not even trying to get up.

Lisa1023
on 2/28/13 12:11 am
VSG on 03/05/13

have you ever had surgery before?   Ever delivered a child before?   Just curious if this is the first experience of moderate pain and soreness you've had.

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

Most Active