Six month check in

sleevicidal_maniac
on 2/27/13 3:20 am

It's been six months and things are good... here's an excerpt from my 6-month Blog entry, and if you click the quote it will link you to the entire entry if you care to read it.

"... since my rocky start, I've really been pretty much symptom free. I am so happy. I don't stew on it too much, but I do occasionally think about what my life could have been like if I'd never been fat, been able to control things on my own or even just gotten my VSG sooner. Whatever, I'm glad I did it when I did. It may sound weird, but I'm glad that the complications came and went because they put an exclamation point on the value of improving my life and gave me a new perspective on who and what is important to me."

If you are considering VSG I have had a crazy run at it, but been very successful with the process. I wrote my blog for myself, but get comments all the time from people who are getting ready to have the surgery. If you fit that description, I encourage you to read about my journey. I had complications, I had problems, I made it and am 100% better for having gone through my little ordeal. I am happy to chat with anyone who needs encouragement or to answer the "what if..." questions that not everyone else can answer from first hand experience.

I hope you're all doing well and feeling awesome! I will see you on the skinny side. JG

Lisa1023
on 2/27/13 3:23 am
VSG on 03/05/13

nice to hear from you Gummy Bear !

sleevicidal_maniac
on 2/27/13 3:35 am

I switched from Gummy Bears to Motts Medley fruit snacks and Welch's All natural fruit snacks - 80cals a pack and they give me the same type of pleasure, well, almost... I still sneak a little snack pack of Haribo Gold on occasion - who am I kidding, right? 

Nice to be heard from, Lisa. 

MuttLover
on 2/27/13 3:45 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Great to hear from you!  I must confess, I thought, "Gummy Bear is back!"  Glad to hear that you are doing well, despite the complications!

Keep it up!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Shagdoll
on 2/27/13 4:42 am

You've had an awesome 6 months.  WTG!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Rms928
on 2/27/13 9:27 am
VSG on 03/20/13

Hey townie,  surgery with Dr. Chau March 20th. Thanks for the chat!   

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views