Post op

foolishgrrl_1
on 3/16/13 1:06 pm
VSG on 03/11/13
I was sleeved on Monday, out and about today feeling well. Still pain, but I'm moving through it. The visiting family and partner were hungry and wanted to go to dinner. I went with them and ordered chicken noodle soup for the broth, and actually enjoyed the smells of all the wonderful things ordered. It didn't bother me even a little that I couldn't partake in the crab cakes, shrimp, or steak... The smell was enough for me! Later this evening, during a movie, cheese and chorizo were being passed around as a snack. I just asked to smell it, while I was working on my 'dinner' ( premier protein rtd).

I'm completely content and hope this sticks. I expected to be sad and have it be difficult to watch others enjoy the foods I cannot have. It was a good feeling, and I'm very proud of myself. I just had to share with some folks who would understand what a victory today was for me.

Have a good night all!
natalie_rey
on 3/16/13 1:24 pm
VSG on 03/11/13 with
I was sleeved Monday also and I know exactly how you feel.My husband made nachos for dinner and it didn't even phase me that I couldn't have any..I actually didn't even want any at all.It was an awesome feeling.Good luck to you on your journey
foolishgrrl_1
on 3/16/13 1:32 pm
VSG on 03/11/13
Thanks! Did you wonder if that's what normal people feel like? I've been an overweight foodie my entire life, so this is toast tally a first.

Congrats to you, stay strong!
natalie_rey
on 3/16/13 1:40 pm
VSG on 03/11/13 with
I did think that and it felt good to finally be on the normal side
Collette65
on 3/16/13 3:08 pm - Fairview, TX
VSG on 03/11/13
I was also sleeved on Monday. I am not able to be as strong as you guys! At least not that I'm aware of yet. My family has been in town to help me through the surgery and they've gone out to eat every time- no one's allowed to eat the house and there hasn't been any smell of food in the house to drive me crazy. So maybe I should have people start eating and cooking around me because I guess that will be a part of life. I'm so afraid of Craving the food. I am scared. Just the thought of a piece of pizza or nachos and things like that still give me a brain hunger that's hard to ignore. My stomach is not in the mood for it but my brain and wanting to devour it -is so ready. Help!!

Collette

foolishgrrl_1
on 3/16/13 3:23 pm
VSG on 03/11/13
I was afraid at first too. You can do it, just remind yourself how much your body is going to thank you, and how much better you will feel sticking to plan. The smells for me were almost like having a taste.
SandyRi
on 3/16/13 6:52 pm - WA
VSG on 03/04/13
Im almost two weeks post op. The food looks SO good on tv...i do crave it...but as im trying new puree things and getting satisfied/full so easy....im gaining confidence that one day i can really enjoy one piece of pizza and be satisfied/full and not feel like i have to have three pieces. Savor the flavor and not chow like a cow....my new motto!

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

foolishgrrl_1
on 3/17/13 2:14 am
VSG on 03/11/13

I wish there was a "like" button for that. smiley

Christine Heusinger
on 3/17/13 5:55 am - GA

I was just 3 months post-op when I went to a meeting and all they had for dinner was pizza. I had ONE slice, ate it VERY slowly and chewed each bit well.

One piece tasted wonderful and I didn't even think about wanting another piece. It was WONDERFUL to be able to be so happy with one slice.  I too would have had to have 3 or even 4 slices before!!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views