In a stall!!!

Shanda J.
on 3/15/13 11:13 pm - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

I was sleeved in Feb. I think I'm in a stall the scale has not moved for a week!!! This really stinks, will I be the person that fails at WLS? I started eating soft foods a week ago and I eat the amount I'm suppose to but the scale will not budge! I'm about to throw it out the window..lol  Also, I'm having a hard time with wanting to exercise!!1 I have been sooooo LAZY, but also tired. I had my labs done my Iron is super low so I'm taking meds for that. Also, I'm constipated (TMI) what do you do for that?

Please give me some advise what to do.

(SW) 326  (CW) 281  (GW) 150 

MomofMarch
on 3/15/13 11:16 pm - GA

DEEEEEP BREATH! Ok, let's talk constipation first. I was constipated for 3 weeks, and it SUCKED! Finally, I started taking Miralax powder in the morning. I put it in with my Powerade Zero, and I can't tell it's in there.

Now, the stall: you will have stalls off and on. You're pretty much hitting that dreaded 3 week stall. Just keep doing what you're doing. Stalls are your body's way of recovering. You're not going to fail unless you start going off plan. For exercise, start small. Go for walks everyday if you can. Each week, make the walks last longer. Definitely take your iron, it's important.

You're going to do just fine!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Deckeriv
on 3/15/13 11:43 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Constipation is from a lack of fiber and/or water. Check your MFP stats and see if you are getting close to 25 grams per day of fiber. If not, you may need to supplement. Be sure to drink more than 64 oz of water a day.

Stalls are normal and is the body's way of taking a deep breath before dropping more weight. You should notice, maybe not your first stall but certainly your second, that inches will keep moving around even if the weight doesn't move.

Rapid weight loss is more of a downward flight of stairs. You take one step down, pause, take another step down, pause...etc. It is not a sliding board where you are always going down.

Good luck and think Jamaican. No worries.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Jjlentz
on 3/15/13 11:50 pm - NC
VSG on 02/21/13
I am so glad you posted this, I signed in this morning to write the same post. At least we are not alone. I was sleeved in Feb as well and have watched the scale say the same thing every morning it is so frustrating! Hopefully next weeks weigh in will show some movement. Best of luck to you too!

Julie L.
on 3/16/13 12:14 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

My 3 week stall lasted 3 weeks.  Just be prepared that it may happen.  Don't let it get you down,  the weight WILL come off.   You are still losing fat while your scale is stalled,  you're just retaining water,  it's completely normal.   A lot of the quick weight loss from the first few weeks is your body shedding water,  so when you shed a lot of water quickly like that,  your body thinks it's dehydrated,  so then it hangs on to EXTRA water.  It takes the body a while to realize that no,  you're not stuck in a desert dying of thirst,  you're well hydrated...  at that point,  it'll flush the extra water it's been holding on to and you'll see a big drop on the scale.   Your body is protecting you,  remember that!

Shanda J.
on 3/16/13 2:22 am, edited 3/16/13 2:23 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

Thank you everyone!!! I will take a deep breath and wait for this stall to get the heck out of here and hopefully watch the inches go bye bye! I'm so thankful for this OH board it helps me stay on track.

Jenny S.
on 3/16/13 2:59 am
You've lost way more than I have & I had surgery the same time. I've been stalled for two weeks. Relax & don't give up. More will come off soon.
5' 2" 272 age 41

Keith L.
on 3/16/13 4:44 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Totally normal, both the stall and the crazy thoughts. It happened to me and it still does about every other week.

Make sure you are getting your water in (100oz)

Make sure you at least walk (will help with the constipation)

And the constipation is part of the stall. You get backed up and your body does not process things properly.

Eat lots of leafy green veggies, take two capfuls of miralax and one dulcolax stool softener and repeat 12 hours later if the plumbing isn't moving.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

TheShrinkingCrafter
on 3/16/13 5:31 am
VSG on 02/26/13

I also think I'm hitting the 3 week stall My scale has been at the same number for the last few days, but I think my "plumbing" maybe having some issues too. I don't feel uncomfortable, but I haven't been regular in the bathroom at all. I will take the tips from above and see if I can get things moving!

Bella_Fein
on 3/16/13 5:43 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

See all the responses above. You WILL start losing again. Maybe stay off the scale for a week or 2. That's impossible for me, but it may help save your sanity.

A stall by definition is to bring to a standstill. I am almost 4 weeks out. I have not stopped completely, so not a stall per se, but it sure did slow drastically. Like only 1 pound every few days instead of daily like it was. It happened as soon as I started soft foods. Kinda sucks, but loss is a loss.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active