New to this Forum...questions on pain? LONG

Lizzie54
on 3/18/13 11:39 pm - Canada

Hi,

I am usually on the Ontario forum, and visit the VSG forum from time to time.  Had a VSG in December 2011 and have lost about 85 pounds.  I would still like to lose 15 pounds more, but not sure if i will get there...If not, i am okay on where i am.  The last few months have been up and down.

The reason for posting is for the last month or so, i have been having pain in my stomach area around the belly button and to the side.  It usually happens while i start to eat and continues for a while afterwards.  It is not a high grade pain, where i can't move or doubled over, it is not sharp...just an uncomfortable pain but tolerable.  I was for my 1 year check-up (albeit late) in February and mentioned it to the nurse practioner.  She thought it might be an internal hernia and if the pain gets worse go see my family physcian...Oh, i did have an ultrasound for my stomach the same day and things look good regarding the gallbladder and other organs...

Yesterday i went to see my doctor and he prescribed me some Tecta which is for acid reflux...He also suggested that i go back to the surgeon that did my VSG.  I did call them this morning and am waiting for a call back.  

In addition to this, every now and then i experience a hot flash...Now, i have been through menopause a long time ago, so not sure what that is all about...I did talk to a friend who had the VSG and she said that she too gets hot flashes...so wondering what is as well.

Now, i did mention all of this to my family doctor, and we did blood tests, so we will see if there is anything else going on with me. When i mentioned this to the nurse practioner at TWH, she had never heard of the hot flashes from a VSG.

My qeustion is has anyone experienced anything like the pain i mentioned?  Just wondering...I am worried that it is something more serioius and i end up  with a bowel obstruction (does this apply to VSG'ers??).  I tend to be a little dramatic with my health and worry about complications.  

Thanks...LIz

Liz   

danixbanani
on 3/18/13 11:46 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I'm not really sure what this pain could be and I'm too new to give much advice.  I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you're going through this weird mystery pain.  I think you're taking the right steps to get it figured out though.  Hope it all turns out ok.

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Lizzie54
on 3/18/13 11:56 pm - Canada

Thanks for responding...I am sure i will get it figured out!

Liz   

emelar
on 3/19/13 1:21 am - TX

It could be a bowel obstruction, but it's not likely.  Bowel obstructions can happen to anyone, even non WLS folks.  Sounds a bit more like a hernia.  And it could be gallbladder.  Gallbladders can be tricky, and the only test that shows for sure whether your gallbladder is wonky is the HIDA scan, which seems to be the last test any of the docs want to run.  Ultrasounds don't always show gallbladder problems.

Hot flashes - there was a time when I was getting them after I drank my afternoon coffee.  I'm post-menopausal, so it wasn't hormonal.  And then they just stopped happening.  Who knows!

mickeymantle
on 3/19/13 1:27 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you might have ripped some scar tissue, it will stop hurting in a few days ,but always best to check with your doctor

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tnull
on 3/19/13 1:51 am

Hope you feel better soon!

Most Active