Back Surgery Postponed AGAIN!!!

Ann M.
on 3/19/13 3:59 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

WELL, my back surgeon's office called this morning and postponed my surgery AGAIN till April 11th!!! I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to live like this - bent over at the waist to walk - IF I want to get to the kitchen or bathroom - mostly I stay in my bed. It is just mire comfortable. They are still talking about my Coumadin!!!

Ann

JerseyGirl_1213
on 3/19/13 5:03 am

So sorry to hear this!  I really hope you get to have this surgery soon so you can start to feel better.  My mother has had multiple back surgeries over the years, including having several discs in her spine fused and I know how debilitating severe back issues can be.  Wishing you on the road to recovery soon!  Take care.

Ann M.
on 3/21/13 6:18 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Thank you so much - I am not used to being down but this last year has been enough for me!

And the weigh loss surgery was to get the weight off my back as much as for everything else! So it is working they tell - I just can't tell it! So i wait - and wait - and wait - but it is my fault really!!!

I should have went to the doc to begin with instead of putting it off. It's family curse I need to break!!! My son is 34 and can hardly walk himself and won't go to the doc!! His Dad is practically crawling and won't go to the doc! So what can I say????

I use ice and heat - so does the others. My mom is too. she has curvature of the spine - my oldest sister & oldest brother have her back! I'm thankful I have my Dad's! Degenerative disc and rheumatoid arthritis.

I have not started back on my Arthritis meds yet since VSG - boy can I tell!!! We all FFebuary, Then March, now April......Holly Berries!!! I need those meds started back - but I am able to tell everyone what the weather is going to be!!!  LOL!!!!

Ann

JerseyGirl_1213
on 3/21/13 10:38 am

Well you're half way to goal already in only a few short months, so that's great!  I was really shocked when doctor's told me that degenerative disc disease is hereditary!  Not thrilled to know what's in my future to say the least.  Hoping that as I lose weight myself it'll help with the progression.  Only time will tell for me.  I know it's a long road, but at least you're on the path to doing what needs to be done.  Again, I hope you get your surgery soon and that it's helpful in relieving your pain.  Take care.

Most Active