Um..... When can I eat salad??!!!!!

valentinoAB
on 3/24/13 8:11 am
I'm missing salad SO much I have had a couple of pieces of lettuce but when can I have a salad ... I'm not into dressing
Before surgery... Oil and balsamic ....

So ....WHEN????!!!

dunlopfish
on 3/24/13 8:39 am

my surgeons rule is 8 weeks post-op

Bella_Fein
on 3/24/13 9:40 am, edited 3/24/13 9:40 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I love salad too! My doctor said I could have as soon as I am off my soft food stage and onto regular diet.  For my plan, that is at 6 weeks. My paperwork says if it is fibrous, to chew well, but that is all. I would have 2 ounces of chicken and a cup of salad. Eat the chicken first to get your protein then enjoy the salad.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/13 12:59 pm

Have it once you are cleared for all foods. However, word of caution - I could not tolerate salad until I was well over 3 months out. Probably even closer to 6 months out. When you try salad for the first time, make sure you do it at home and wait between bites to make sure you can tolerate it. Also, just start with a lettuce salad. IF you can tolerate that then add one more veggie. Tolerate that additional veggie, then add yet another, and so on and so on until you can eat a full salad. I could not tolerate carrots or celery or cucumbers with skin  for quite some time all of which I like in my salads.......

Mom2Noah
on 3/24/13 1:34 pm - Bakersfield, CA
VSG on 07/05/12
I was about 6 mos out before I tolerated salad. Even now by time I eat my meat I may only eat a cpl bites of lettuce so i usually have to crave it to eat it.

MacMadame
on 3/25/13 1:21 am - Northern, CA

Most people can tolerate it 2-3 months out. I started at 7 weeks because, well, I wanted to and apparently I have a cast-iron stomach. mail

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/25/13 4:43 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I started having salad occasionally as soon as I was cleared for all foods at 31 days. That said, don't expect to be able to eat anything approaching a "normal" portion. Chew really well and enjoy.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

mary d
on 3/25/13 4:55 am

I don't remember when I could have it but I love salad so as soon as I could I did.  I chop everything up with a pair kitchen shears.  It makes it easier to eat and it tastes good too.  Cut it up some, put your oil and balsamic on it and chop some more.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views