Happy Two Ways......and A New, Weird Development!

Italian-Princess
on 3/28/13 12:48 am, edited 3/28/13 1:24 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Buon Giorno OH Family!

Nine months ago today, I was sliced and diced!  The results are 83 pounds lost and about 73 inches gone -- hopefully gone for good.  My weight and inches seem to have slowed quite a bit as I've tested Myrtle more and more -- but a little at a time.  This testing is happening at the suggestion of my doctors.  My surgeon is still laughing and happy about my progress -- he still gives me great hugs, so I know he means it!!  This Happy One Way will be complete once I get my lab results -- maybe Monday.  If all continues as it has the first 8 months, I will be a happy camper!  

An added bonus to this is that my doctor has asked me to participate in what amounts to an "old geezers/geezerettes" panel to answer questions and give our experiences to those who are of a "certain age" who want this surgery.  I'm on it -- luvin' the idea of paying it forward!  

That is Happy One Way.  My Happy Two Ways is the result of my younger son and daughter-in-law making me a Grandma!  I posted about Earthquake's arrive, but wanted to include it in this post, too.  You all know, of course, that my grandson is the cutest baby ever and is already showing signs of brilliance!  And he's almost just 2 weeks old!!! LOL  Not sure how brilliant he will be, but he has some pretty bright parents, so there are HIGH hopes!  But the CUTE -- well, he's just adorable.  It looks like I'll get to meet him in May when I go to Maryland to help the young couple move into their first house.

Now for the WEIRD development!  If you've followed my saga, you know that the spouse has been a real PITA (and I don't mean the pocket bread LOL) and has given me no help or support throughout my journey. Plus, he's always been extremely critical of people of size.  When I left to see my BFF of over 40 years back in January, he mentioned that she might not recognize me.  I looked at him questioningly and he said "you MIGHT be a little smaller than the last time she saw you"  MIGHT?  At that point, I was down something like 70 pounds from surgery.  Fast forward to early this week..........I was trying on some of the new clothes I bought for the upcoming cruise and he said "I think you should stop losing weight."  As my jaw dropped, I thought to myself "WHAT?  Who said that?  Are you out of your freakin' mind?"  When I recovered, I asked him why he thought I should stop......afterall, I'm STILL a big girl and want to lose at least another 35-45 pounds.  Hold on to your hats folks.........he said "you look pretty good now, so why continue to lose?" 

My mind, being screwed up and twisted, immediately thought that maybe he's getting a little insecure???  Or maybe he's getting a little uncomfy with the 35 pounds he's gained in the last year?  Or maybe he's thinking that the PS I'm going to have to have so I don't look like a really old, doubly wrinkled Sharpei dog won't be as expensive if I stop losing now???  Or maybe I am starting to look a little more in the upper normal range?  Whatever precipitated the comment, I'm still stunned and don't know what to make of it.  One thing I KNOW FOR SURE.........I WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE -- even if it's extremely slowly. 

I celebrate today knowing that I'm staying on plan about 95% of the time -- the other 5% is to test Myrtle who seems to be made of titanium!  She's still good to me -- giving me a warning hiccup when she's done, even if I don't feel like I've had enough.  I obey her every time LOL  I celebrate the 83 pounds lost since surgery..........and celebrate the 96 pounds lost from my highest weight in mid-May last year.  I celebrate the wonderful friends I've made here and on MFP.........you truly do lift me up, make me stronger, carry me on your shoulders when I'm falling apart.  As I've said many times before, without you who have been there for me, I would not be where I am today...........I owe you a generous part of my progress.  Thank you..........two little words, but filled with love and joy.

May your plates be filled with wonder and success and good health with a side dish of merriment and laughter.

Ree xoxox

MomofMarch
on 3/28/13 12:53 am - GA

Congrats on your happiness and that new grandbaby! They are a pure joy. I still hear the excitement in my mom's voice when I tell her what my girls do and accomplish each day. :)

My husband has gotten a bit insecure in the last 3 months. This is the first time in our 10 years of marriage that I've weighed less than him. That doesn't bother him, but the fact that I'm doing great and getting in shape and he isn't IS what bothers him. (He has to get his back problems fixed before he can really start trying to work out.)

Keep up on the great work!!!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Italian-Princess
on 3/28/13 10:51 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thank you, Laura.  I'm sure your Mom is proud of you and your children.  I haven't had a chance to hold my little new bundle yet, but he's brought so much joy to my life already.

It took me a while to get it, but this is MY time.......I am taking care of myself for the first time in ages and ages.  If the spouse has a problem with that, it's too bad.  In your case, once your hubby is able to, he can workout with you and you'll both be in great shape!

Keep up your own good work..........be proud of yourself!

Ree

Shagdoll
on 3/28/13 1:01 am

I just love you Ree.  You have some great success in your journey & I know you will continue to fight the good fight!!!  As for the hubby, he might very well be getting insecure.  I hope he appreciates the beautiful woman that you are.  You deserve happiness & true love ... we all do!!!  Congrats on your success so far.  :)

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Italian-Princess
on 3/28/13 10:54 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Awww, Jenn!  I feel like I'm the Community Mother Hen and you're one of my little Chicks!  The kind words and affection you give warm my heart...........thank you so much.

And, yes, I will continue to call you my little itty bitty! 

Ree

danigirl42
on 3/28/13 1:05 am - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

Congrats on your success and on your grandbaby!

Italian-Princess
on 3/28/13 10:56 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Thank you :-)  It's exciting, for sure!

And congratulations on your wonderful progress!  Be proud and keep doing a great job!

Ree

ParisGirl
on 3/28/13 1:07 am
VSG on 04/25/13

You are a shining beacon of joy and love!!!!  I think a bunch of us need to fly out and meet Ree and celebrate her.   You are the cat's meow!!!

Italian-Princess
on 3/28/13 10:59 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Sandra, you are so kind...........thank you!  Cat's meow????  You're to young to know about that phrase LOL  Even I'm a little young for that one!  Hahaha

I think it would be a dandy idea for lots of us to get together and paint some nice town PINK!!!  We could celebrate each other and have a great time.  It could happen............we just have to find a way to do it!

Girl, I'm so happy that you're under a month's wait now for your surgery.  And I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you and your logging and diligence while waiting.  That, all by itself, tells me you're going to be rockin' your sleeve and blowing the doors off with your successes!

Ree

stephanieplum
on 3/28/13 1:17 am
VSG on 06/27/12

You always make me smile!!!  Love you lots!!!  I'm so glad you haven't let the hubby derail you...I think he paid you a real compliment in his PITA way:). 

So proud of you!!! 

Most Active