Questions about protein drinks

serenity1959
on 4/2/13 10:20 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I went to a WLS support group tonight -- my first.   I haven't had surgery yet, but am hoping for a summer date.  They were giving out sippy cup samples of protein drinks.   I tried the raspberry lemonade.   Yuck!   Disgusting!   It was sickeningly sweet and had a horrible smell.   The cups that I see for protein drinks have tops on them.   Will having a top on it keep you from getting that terrible smell? It seemed to me to be too concentrated.   I am assuming you can add some ice to it in the blender to make it a bit less potent?  How do you all get yours down?

Junebug175
on 4/2/13 11:12 am

You have to find one you like. Remember you may not like the same ones after surgery. I have found that the ones that resemble fruit juices I don't like. I enjoy Matrix Mint, Matrix Bananas and Cream, and About Time Peanut Butter. I mix mine with water and then let them sit in the freezer until they get slushy. I'm not a fan of the after taste but think they taste good while drinking them. 

HilaryH8103
on 4/2/13 11:42 am - WA
Chocolate flavored Premier Protein is the BEST in my opinion. I tried around 10-15 different protein drinks & I hated every single one except for the Premier. You can buy them at Costco, Sams Club or order them online. =)
llLou
on 4/2/13 12:27 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I absolutely agree with you Hilary!

serenity1959
on 4/2/13 12:29 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

I will give that one a try!

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/13 1:40 pm - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

I too like the Premier that you get at Costco....chocolate is the best....

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views