OK!!!!! I NEED FIBER HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

valentinoAB
on 4/8/13 2:33 am

So...... Yeah i need to add in fiber big time  in to my day how do i do it and still stay under 20 carbs?

mary d
on 4/8/13 2:37 am

There is no way to get enough fiber from your diet to make a difference in 20 grams of carbs.  You will have to take supplements or increase your carbs with low carb high fiber veggies.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

swizzlequeen
on 4/8/13 2:44 am

clear fiber powder (Benefiber -- but is not being manufactured at the moment) -- but there are lots of generics at places like Target and Walmart. Made with something called wheat dextrin. One serving is 15 calories, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 0 sugar. 3 doses per day is suggested for an adult. Dissapears into any liquid or soft food quite nicely. ask the pharmacist at your store to help you find it...

louisamay
on 4/8/13 4:46 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Miralax, adjust as needed.  I can go days or even a couple of weeks without needing it now, and then find myself taking it twice a day, or three times, to get things started again. The main thing that finally helped me relax was when my gastro told me to simply adjust, that there isn't a magic number or system, that for most of us "irregular" will be regular. We just need to make sure we don't back up for days and get into trouble.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

slatond
on 4/8/13 5:55 am

I use Fiber Gummies, But your doctor might not allow gummies and it might add carbs! However, I've been using them for several months now and no bad side effects ( weight still coming off and I am regular! ;-))

Jackie T.
on 4/8/13 7:11 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I use Fiber Advantage gummies (Walmart) twice a day and am pretty regular.  Before finding these, I would occasionally have oatmeal or a piece of Sara Lee 45 Delight whole wheat bread.  It always did the trick!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

pedirn06
on 4/8/13 12:18 pm
VSG on 01/26/12
Be sure to get in plenty of fluids with increasing fiber because it can cause worsening of constipation. Remember - sometimes fiber is given for diarrhea as fiber forms bulk...
pedirn06

Most Active