2 yrs out and having digestive proplems all of a sudden...

tiffaneyeliese
on 4/8/13 2:59 am
Is anyone else in the same boat? ON a lighter note my hair is finally growing back- it's been falling out like crazy for a year and 1/2.
brilynn79
on 4/8/13 3:14 am

Mine were not all of a sudden, but yes. I had some lactose intolerance after surgery that has never completely resolved despite probiotic use.   My healthcare provider put me on a elimination diet to get dairy and wheat out of my diet and other supplements to improve my deficiencies.  I feel much better when I avoid both of those things.  My husband tells me I am like a bird flying into a window, because I get them out of my diet and then let them creep back in.  I have stomach pains that last 15-20 minutes after eating them and at times other GI distress that is not quite enough to deter me to keep them completely out of my diet.

Is it all the time or are there specific triggers?

Hope you find the culprit and feel better soon.  

happiegirl
on 4/8/13 3:14 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12

I'm not as far out as you but have had some problems with constipation and bloating.  What type of problems are you having?

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

tiffaneyeliese
on 4/8/13 3:37 am
BOTH- consipation and bloating- I've even gain about 3 lbs
I weight normally 115 now.....I've lost a total of 50lbs since my operation. NO I wasn't overly overweight.
tiffaneyeliese
on 4/8/13 3:35 am
I don't really know what is causing this- I EAT SO HEALTHY, like obsessed. Someone told me eating to much greens my insides my have a hard time braking them down all of a sudden. I drink tons of hot teas - no caffine whatsoever. In the morning I have ho****er and lemon and before I go to bed as well. I had a colon infection two weeks ago with the GODS WORST spasams! I felt like I was having contractions ...it was that bad!! For the past week - Ive not wanted to really eat anything since I feel like I am carrying a brick in my stomach. I've been taking laxatives like its no body's business. I went out and bought a Ninga juicer and googles tons of recieps on digestive cleansing...I am so over this...I don't wanta have to go back to the gastro doctor but I might have to! I also suffer from no sex drvie too! I am just all messed up !
happiegirl
on 4/8/13 4:57 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12

Yes greens will help!  They helped me.  I do green juice cup of kale, cup of spinach, one lemon, stevia, and add water.  I have felt so much better since doing this.  I get spasms too or I was before but they've disappeared.  Did the juice not help?  I just read that sprouts have so many more of the things we need for our guts.  Maybe add some sprouts?  I've also been adding apple cider vinegar (it can be hard to take).  I actually like the taste so I'm ok with it.  I've now been off my PPI for a week no flair ups.  Do you still take a PPI?  You know they can cause low magnesium levels?  Magnesium helps things move a long in the large intentine...it draws water in so makes thing easier to move.  If you are on a PPI I would consider a Magnesium supplement.  Of course with the doctors approval. I kind of did it on my own and it worked for me...but hey that's me.  Also when there is large amounts of weight loss the gall bladder can also be a concern.  So going to the doc is a good idea. 

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

swizzlequeen
on 4/8/13 3:41 am

Tiffany,

you are absolutely correct that you need to go back to the gastro doctor -- sounds like you had a serious problem with your colon, and not very long ago at all -- you are trying to treat yourself, and I suggest that you work very very closely with a medical professional ... your body probably is still recovering from the infection, I would think...please call the doctor today, get in to see him/her right away...

AdeanaMarie
on 4/8/13 5:04 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I have Crohn's Disease, so I already had digestive issues prior to surgery.  Ironically, since surgery and going gluten free, I feel fabulous in that area.  However, some things I have found along the way.  Artificial sweeteners, too much soy, too much dairy, can send your system for a loop.

I am lactose intolerant, but if I eat a Greek Yogurt a day, I am fine with cheese, ice cream and yogurt, just no liquid dairy.  

So hard to figure out what your triggers are, but from experience, you will know if you give something up for a good month or two and then start eating it again, it seems like your systems are 10 times worse.  At least for me.

Best wishes on your road to wellness.  Not fun to have digestive issues.  Yuck!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active