Whoa Whoa ! Quick question!

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/8/13 12:41 pm - San Antonio, TX

I see that all you guys that have been on pre op, can only be on liquids ONLY! My nutritionist said I drink a protein shake in the morning and lunch and a light dinner(like healthy frozen foods)! Am I doing wrong? /:

MomofMarch
on 4/8/13 12:50 pm - GA

Each NUT and doctor have different plans. My doctor had me on a 2 week preop plan that consisted of 5 slim fast shakes a day. Others are allowed to eat healthy. It just depends on what they want. The preop diet is to mainly shrink the liver to make surgery easier. So, no, you're not doing wrong. :) Just keep to THEIR plans.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/8/13 12:54 pm - San Antonio, TX

Whoooo! I was about to freak out! Thank you so much!

shajoh
on 4/8/13 12:51 pm - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Every dr's. plan is different. Follow what your nutritionist or dr. suggests. Don't worry you'll be fine. Some people didn't even have a pre-op plan so no need to worry if your's is different. 

Sharla

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/8/13 12:55 pm - San Antonio, TX

shrinking_sarah
on 4/8/13 12:51 pm - CA

Different surgeons have different requirements.  Mine did not do a liquid-only diet until 2 days pre-op.  Follow the instructions you were given.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/8/13 12:55 pm - San Antonio, TX

hollykim
on 4/8/13 12:51 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

My preop for my vsg was 4-5 protein shakes and a salad with meat on it for dinner. My pre op for my Ds was yogurt and water only. Every surgeon is different and if you follow his preop plan you are not doing wrong. Actually,be glad your pre op is NOT all liquids,they are a real *****!

GL

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/8/13 12:57 pm - San Antonio, TX

Ha I am BARELY surviving! hahaha! Thank god! & thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

Jennifer E.
on 4/8/13 1:12 pm - OH

I am on day seven of the two week Pre op and my diet is two protein shakes per day and two smart ones or lean cuisines per day. It sucks but soooo glad it's not liquids only....I would have died! 

~Jennifer~ HW 326  CW 277 VSG 4/16/13 

Most Active