What vets rant about.

ruggie
on 4/8/13 12:49 pm - Sacramento, CA

Hi.

I don't know if I'm a vet, but that's ok, I don't really care.  I can tell you that I've been weight-stable for a smidgen over a year now after going past my goal - you can tell me what that's worth.  What I do know is what vets rant about when they do rant.  One of the things they do go on about is seeing the same questions being asked month after month, year after year, an unending turnstyle of repetitive questions.  And it's not just the same literal questions, but sometimes the same personalities or emotions that make answering questions feel like you're living out Groundhog Day (an okay movie, but really not a fan of Andie MacDowell.  In fact, I'm sure she helped make me gay).

So, here's a random list of topics that can drive vets to occasionally drive off the deep end (your mileage may vary).  Some drive you crazy from the repetition, others from the insanity.

• I'm scared of surgery
  • I'm really scared of surgery
  • I'm morbidly obese and morbidly afraid of surgery
  • What should I expect?
  • I'm taking a complicated mixture of medicine; tell me internet stranger, will this be ok with the VSG?
  • Now that I've had surgery and am two weeks out, what should I eat?
  • I seem to be vomiting blood - should I call my surgeon?
  • Oh noes, I'm stalling!
  • Oh noes, I'm stalling for real!
  • Oh noes, I refuse to acknowledge that I'm actually in maintenance!
  • Is it on diet to eat an apple / a salad / a Dove ice cream bar / a blended pizza, etc
  • Look at how I added 4 artificial sweeteners together to recreate something that mildly resembles a Reese Peanut Butter Cup
  • How can I appeal XXX insurance
  • OMG MY BEAUTIFUL HAIR IS FALLING OUT
  • NSV - after losing weight, I need smaller clothes - who knew?
  • I'm mad that when I asked for advice you gave me the opposite of what I was wanting
  • I'm posting about menstruation so LADIES ONLY!!!!!
  • I "only" lost forty pounds in the first month, what's wrong??
  • OMG, carbs are bad for you!  Stop eating them!
  • Arrrgh, don't believe those anti-carb people, they almost killed me
  • Bougie size [is / is not] important!!!
  • You are an arrogant jerk for judging my french fry consumption
  • I hate the fact that I can no longer eat large quantities of the foods that made me obese
  • Tell us what you are you eating today (every day)
  • Tell us what do you weigh today (every day)
  • Tell me a protein powder to buy I won't hate
  • What protein bar most tastes like a Snickers bar?
  • I figured out that I could make baked potatoes be on-plan by adding bacon for protein!
  • What color underwear are you wearing today? (Ok, I've never actually seen this)
  • OMG I STRETCHED MY SLEEVE
  • What magic, besides surgery, will make my excess skin go away
  • Oh no, I returned to eating crap, grazing, and doing what I want and I gained weight!  I'm the Ancient Mariner! Pity my tale!
  • I have constipation - OMG TMI!
  • I have diarrhea - OMG TMI!
  • It's my time of month - OMG TMI!
  • Something relating to digestion or a bodily function - OMG TMI!
  • I'm not telling people I had surgery and they'll never figure it out (my personal favorite)
  • Help me get through a stall but I won't provide you with any details

Well, that's all I could come up with on short notice.  I'm sure I asked at least a quarter of these, or more, myself.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

MomofMarch
on 4/8/13 12:55 pm - GA

Yes, I rolled for the Andy MacDowell thing. I'm sure we've ALL asked them, but yeah I get you. There are a lot of questions that I answer over and over again. Mainly because I haven't reached my ***** fit point of the day. When I hit that point, I stay away from any contact with humans or small mammals.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Amanda F.
on 4/8/13 1:54 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

I reached my ***** fit point 2 weeks ago. This is my first forum comment since then no

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

SFChorus
on 4/8/13 12:56 pm, edited 4/8/13 12:56 pm - CA

Love it!  It's a rant about rants!  I guess I'm in the tell-us-what-you-weigh-today category!

Fiona

Sleeved 12/15/11, 5'1", HW 185, SW 164, CW102

maggienoella
on 4/8/13 12:59 pm
So what color underwear are you wearing now?
ruggie
on 4/8/13 1:03 pm - Sacramento, CA

Purple trunks by Mossimo.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Bella_Fein
on 4/9/13 10:51 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Nice!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

dr_spatula
on 4/8/13 1:02 pm, edited 4/8/13 1:02 pm
VSG on 07/27/12

I'm snorting over here while reading this...and yes, sooo guilty of posting a few of these myself!!   Thanks for the laugh...I really needed it.

I am grateful to the vets and more seasoned persons for putting up with my schtuff, the good, the bad, the TMI...and I'm still hunting for that magic bullet to make my upper arms look as if they aren't melting!

Oh, and ditto about Andie MacDowell, except for the gay thing. IMO, it's as if she just read the script before filming! Drives me batty.

MomofMarch
on 4/8/13 1:03 pm - GA

I love the flapping my arms do when I wave or shake something. I call it "the wave of glory". hahaha

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

dr_spatula
on 4/8/13 1:06 pm
VSG on 07/27/12

OMG - my 3 year old calls them my 'arm boobs'!! We actually used the term 'arm boobs' in place of 'cheese' last weekend during our family picture session to keep her cracking up! I will wave 'em in solidarity right now!!

(Feel the breeze?)

Most Active