1 Week Post-Op and I have some questions.......

Married2005
on 4/8/13 10:52 pm - NJ

Hey, I was sleeved last Tuesday, and I have some questions:

1.  How long does the gas usually last?

2.  How long does that golf ball knot on your side usually last?

3.  What is the average amount of weight loss per week?

I'm going back to my surgeon next week but I wanted the experts here to weigh in on my questions first?

Thanks Guys!

SophieNJ
on 4/8/13 11:13 pm, edited 4/8/13 11:14 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

First of all, Welcome!!!  Second, I am not even close to an expert, only sleeved 5 weeks ago....just my opinions here:

gas can last from no time at all to a number of days...just walk walk walk to work it out...I've been told Gas-X strips help.

re the knot....don't know what it is, could it be gas?  sorry can't help.

re avg loss - don't worry about it, plus everyone is different...just do what you have been told to do, and it will all work out....concentrate on getting back on your feet, getting in your liquids, and anything else your surgeon told you.

So I see you are from Joisey!! Where abouts?  I'm in Morris County, by Parsippany. 

take care

Sophie

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

Married2005
on 4/9/13 3:44 am - NJ

I  live in South Jersey - Burlington County.  I'm going to work on putting up my stats and maybe a picture soon.  Be well!

Curling
on 4/8/13 11:32 pm

I was sleeved two weeks ago on March 25th.  I never had a gas issue, so that may be an individual issue. I have been sneezing more than ever, which kills.

The knot on my side is getting softer and less sensitive each day.  I have 4 incisions, plus a 5th for the drain that was removed after a week. The larger incision is the one with the swelling.   At the 2 week point, 2 incisions are flat with no pain.

I have a new dietician that works with my surgeon. He has a theory about us not weighing ourselves. I'll see him every two weeks for a while. At my post-op visit on Day 10, I had lost 7 pounds since surgery.

It is day-by-day as your energy increases. We  have a lot of new eating habits to work into our lives.  Best wishes to you!

Kris

justpete
on 4/8/13 11:38 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

dear sleeve sibling,

If the gold ball you are referring to is up and to the side of your big exit incision (by an inch or 2).  I have one too and it's starting to subside and hurt a lot less as of last night.  This is good, however, as it lessons i start to feel other smaller pains around the area.  I'm guessing it will take another week to clear things up.  remember they basically cut a huge hole in one of your major muscles, it's not going to be happy about that!

Besides a lot of toots, swooshes, and burbs, i'm doing ok on gas.  Intestines are still a bit uncomforatable and i have a 'full' bloated feeling around what i guess i my diaphram area (just under my manly pectoral region, in hte middle)

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

PaisleyParker
on 4/9/13 1:41 am
VSG on 03/20/13

I was sleeved on 3/20. I'm far from an expert but I'll tell you my experience.

1. The gas...was a real pain. It took about 5 days to work itself out. I used gas-x strips and they helped but I think walking was the best.

2. I didn't have a drain...just 5 little incisions that have healed quite nicely. I started sleeping on my side after about a week without any discomfort.

3. I lost 19 lbs in the 1st two weeks....then gained 2 this week. Go figure. I think it might be in part from the sodium in the soup I've started to eat. I would freak out if it weren't for this site. Everyone says there is a 3 week stall. I LOVE the support I get here!!!

Best of luck to you!

Married2005
on 4/9/13 3:42 am - NJ

This is great info everyone.  Lets me know I'm on track and not inventing make believe theories in my head.  Best of luck to everyone - we're in this together!

Most Active