Thank you for Papaya Enzymes

ckpointchickie
on 4/11/13 12:44 pm - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

For all you Sleevers out there that shared info about Papaya Enzymes, thank you! thank you! thank you!  What a difference this discovery has made in my life and my ability to eat without foamies ruining my day for a few hours at a time. 

sleevegirl
on 4/11/13 2:17 pm - Austin, TX

Can I just give a word to the wise (or of warning?). I know you didn't ask for it, so feel free to ignore, but...

I've talked to a few folks recently who are using these, but the problem is that they are relying on them too much, so it's almost like they overeat knowing "it's okay, I'll just chew one of these things and be fine"

OF COURSE, they aren't actively thinking it, but eventually they realize they are doing it unconsciously. I'm allergic, so I've never tried them, but anyway... just an odd thing... I've talked to a few folks lately. LOL

Having said that, I've only gotten the foamies a few times and I would have given my right arm for something to help. LOL!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Susie K.
on 4/11/13 5:45 pm - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Explain, Please. I don't understand about Papaya Enzymes and had no clue about the foamies, either??? Feeling pretty clueless 

ababenoit
on 4/11/13 2:49 pm - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
What at foamies?
sleevegirl
on 4/11/13 3:20 pm - Austin, TX

Do a forum search for foamies - for me, it's kind of like you get excessive spit and I can't swallow it (and keep spitting it out but it's never ending for a good 10-30 minutes) and I feel like CRAP and my head hurts and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. It's usually from eating too much - even just one bite.

You will KNOW it when it happens. I do everything within my power to make it stop and avoid it.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ckpointchickie
on 4/11/13 11:29 pm - IN
VSG on 11/20/12

Foamies are caused by eating too fast, eating too much, not chewing your food well enough.  In my case, when I eat something my stomach isn't ready for, such as too spicy, too greasy, etc.  After surgery, the body no longer produces hydrochloric acid.  The body makes up for this by producing large quantities of saliva or mucus and this appears to back  up in the esophagus. I think this because I rarely have thrown up the food, only a bubbly, foamy mass. Sometimes, my nose gets a little runny and that tells me, stop eating NOW!!!

I can see where the papaya enzyme could be a crutch...but that is where the work comes in.  There is no magic pill as we all know.  I sometimes don't know when the one bite too much is, it depends on the type of food, but at least when I make that mistake, I have the enzymes.  But like anything else you take, there are some precautions...

From LiveStrong...Because papain is derived from the natural source of papaya fruits, few health dangers are associated with the substance. But there are risks for allergic reactions and stomach upset from taking papaya enzymes. Papaya enzymes could also interact negatively with certain medications, particularly blood-thinners like aspirin, Coumadin and Plavix. Papain-urea topical could interfere with other topical products and medications as well

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/368693-what-are-the-danger s-of-taking-papaya-enzymes/#ixzz2QFp5dgx5

IHeartMexico
on 4/12/13 1:33 am
VSG on 01/21/13

Good information thanks for sharing ! 

Most Active