Post-op days 10-11: in Hospital

Gingerly
on 5/3/13 10:01 pm - Brookline, MA
Was admitted from the ER to the hospital overnight yesterday. Thursday night had a moment of sharp pains in my lower right side (of abdomin). Last night the brief, sharp pain repeated. Afterwards, I noticed a "pressure"/dull pain in same area that was consistent. Was just discomfort, not full-on pain, and it was past dr. hrs., so I couldn't reach my bariatric team at the hospital... Didn't know what I should do, if I should wait it out and see. Not too soon after, my boyfriend absentmindedly dropped my iPhone on my lap - even though it did not land on my right side, the pain that shot through there made me cry. That resolved it for me - I went to the ER.

Hours waiting around, lasting into the early hours of the morning, lead to blood work and CAT scan. Blood work showed my pancreas is inflamed - bizarre to everyone because that usually comes from dehydration and/or gallstones. My gallbladder is still in, but everything's looking well with that and I have been doing really well with getting all my fluids.

While writing this, a dr ( my surgeon's out of town) came in and it seems at the moment they're not quite sure what's going on... They are starting to think its unrelated to the surgery. We'll see what happens...

Ruthie7474
on 5/3/13 10:12 pm - SD
I pray that you are well soon! I will keep you in my prayers.
Mom_2_4
on 5/3/13 11:17 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

Praying for your full and quick recovery!

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

Donnab62
on 5/3/13 11:17 pm
VSG on 04/29/13

Will pray for you. I hope you feel better soon.

Donna

jennygirl
on 5/4/13 12:47 am
I ended up with pancreatitis 5 weeks post op, caused by a gallstone that was stuck in my bile duct and blocking the pancreatic ducts. I can relate - it was SO painful. Ended up having emergency surgery to remove the gallbladder and a scope procedure to remove the stuck stone. Even if I drank a sip of water my abdominal pain was so severe. Good luck - hope they find out what's wrong soon.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/13 1:06 am

Prayers for answers and a quick recovery.

Miss150
on 5/4/13 2:03 am
Thinking of you. God give your medical team wisdom and skill to help resolve your issue. You were right to seek help. Good for you! Be well soon.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active