Plastic Surgery

mamatothree
on 5/21/13 6:08 am - Charleston, SC
I am about 18 months post-sleeve and I have an appointment tomorrow to see a plastic surgeon. Not really sure what to ask and what to expect. Any suggestions or advice are very much appreciated!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Valsdetermined2lose
on 5/21/13 6:16 am
Great! Ask about what to expect post care, pain,results etc. what procedure are you having? I had tummy tuck 13 months po. Not trying to scare you but i didnt ask really important questions when i had my consult, all i wanted was a flat stomach and they wanted my money. They booked my surgery in the same day. I wasnt prepared for post op and possible complications. I wouldnt change it for the world, i love the new me.
Good luck, and im here if you need to ask a question also you can browse the plastic surgery forum.
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

sleevegirl
on 5/21/13 6:21 am - Austin, TX

I have a consult tomorrow too. I'm not looking to have anything done for a year or so, but my big question is how much of this is stuff he removes and if I need to lose any more along with prices and what he think I should have done.

I'm nervous as heck though! After 220+ lost... yeah. It's bad.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ravenbrown
on 5/21/13 6:50 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

It's tomorrow?!  I'm so excited for you.  Who are you seeing?  I'm using you as a guinea pig :)  I'm thinking of going in for a couple consults this summer, then hopefully maintaining for the next year before pulling the plug on it.

sleevegirl
on 5/21/13 7:07 am - Austin, TX

Does feeling like I'm going to throw up sound exciting? LOL! I'll be fine. I decided to consult with Dr. Kerr with Synergy. A couple of folks from our group has gone to him. I might get another consult or two before deciding, but so far I really like his office and the information on the website, etc etc. We'll see how it goes in person though :)

I hear he's not afraid to go to bat with the insurance company. I realize the VAST majority of mine is going to be considered cosmetic, but hopefully we can get a little covered. My quality of life sucks with all the skin at times. It's insane.

But yeah... think about me tomorrow in the late morning! I'll be standing naked in front of some strange dude while he tells me about all the crap that's wrong with me (LOL, I know it's not like that, that's just the negative part of my brain) :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ravenbrown
on 5/21/13 7:42 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

It won't be like that, but I will be thinking of you.  I'm so scared they will want to talk me into having more done that I want, and I'll feel terrible about myself.  I'm glad he'll go to bat with the insurance company.  You've lost such an amazing amount of weight.  There's no way I'd qualify for any sort of coverage, but I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you!  I will put Dr. Kerr on my list.  I hope the appointment goes well :)

Most Active