I have been missing for months

Tirza T.
on 5/18/13 10:11 am
VSG on 01/17/12

I have been avoiding OH like the plague since about December. I have been ashamed and in denial. In the beginning I was coming on OH for support to return to my old habits (after a two week vacay landed me with a large weight gain) but shame and embarassement made way to avoidance and now defeat. I never thought in this entire process I would ever be the person to say I have experienced significant weight regain. I have fallen back into a lot of my bad patterns. The sad part is I was 10 pounds away from a normal and healthy BMI and 15 pounds away from my ultimate weight goal. I am still at a 100lb loss. Which is a 65 lb gain since December 1st 2012. Not good, my friends. I am almost capable of eating the same quantities of food I stuffed myself with pre-surgery. I always knew that this was a tool and it was up to me to utilize it in the correct way. I was so logical about everything and yet I have been a complete failure these last few months. Tomorrow I am attending my grandmothers 96th b-day party. I am already back on BP meds and I am starting to have back and feet pain again. If I don't stop now I will not make it past 59 like the rest of my family. I want to live my best and healthiest life and have a 96th B-daylike my Grandma if possible. So I am writing this for accountability. I want anyone who cares or just wants to be helpful to hold me to these words. I want to take off the 65 pounds I regained in the next five months. By November 15th I want to be back to 165lbs.

Lesson to be learned by all the Newbies....do not stray from the course and do not let "friends" tell you, you are getting too thin and you deserve to treat yourself to that icecream sundae. Treat yourself by getting a hairrcut or a pedicure and living a healthy life free of meds. Sorry for the novel. BTW my plan is to return to all of the habits that initially made me successful. This means trolling OH on a daily basis, going to support group meetings, tracking my food intake (protein, proteing, protein) and watching the WLS community videos on youtube. Thanks all, please don't be negative about my stupidity...I really could just use the support.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
71dart
on 5/18/13 10:21 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Protein, protein, protein.

dianne220
on 5/18/13 10:24 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

Thanks for the words of advice.  I have been letting old habits creep in.  I think admitting you have let yourself slide is a good step.  You can do this.  Take it one day at a time.  Think about how good it felt at your lowest and imagine that.  I always think that if 199 feels so good them what is 189 going to feel like.  Now a 164 I feel SOOO great.  Now I wonder what 159 is going to feel like.  Try to stay positive and envision these kind of positive thoughts.  You have got this!  

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

Miss150
on 5/18/13 10:39 am
A cautionary account, for sure. Good for you to have the courage to post. This was your first step to success. I can remember back when I would loose weight only to gain it all back and more! And be in denial all the time about what was happening. You woke up, and that's great. Time to take positive action. Stay posted and accountable- November will be here, and if we are, let us both be at goal. Pinky-swear, girl. I am.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Tirza T.
on 5/18/13 11:06 am
VSG on 01/17/12

Ok...pinky swear... Thank goodness I ordered the broiled fish at the party I just need them to keep the bread basket away from Me :)

Valsdetermined2lose
on 5/18/13 10:43 am
Dont be ashamed, i commend you for coming back and letting others know how easy it is to get out of control. Your only human and we all make mistakes in life.
Your so right when you say, dont let friends and ill add family say your getting to thin! Ive heard this a million times and although i have gained back 15 pounds and im trying to lose these extra pounds, i have people ask me all the time , why are you trying to lose , your so small! Huh, excuse me! I have reached my goal about 1 year out but i want to reach my ultimate goal one day and the only way i can is to keep what im doing to myself.
Others are not encouraging enough to support what i want, and thats a badd influence.
You can do it, your sleeve still works! Back to basics, protein, water, and excercise.
Looking forward to hearing on your progress. Take care
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Tirza T.
on 5/18/13 11:07 am
VSG on 01/17/12

Thanks Val!

ParisGirl
on 5/18/13 10:44 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Welcome back! You deserve the great health you want. You can do it.

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/13 10:58 am

How great to see you back! You and I were sleeved about a month apart. You can do this - no worries!!!!

Remember, it won't be as easy as it was when you first got sleeved. You have a mature sleeve now and are used to eating crap again, so you'll have to detox.

Remember, lots and lots of lean, dense protein. Then eat veggies. Veggies are going to be your go to food for WL now. With a mature sleeve you'll have room and need the veggies for satiety.

Good luck and welcome back! If you need anything that you think I could help you with, just send me a PM. You can do this! Look how well you did before. This regain may be the best thing that ever happened to you. At least now you know your issues with food aren't fixed and you know what can happen - even with the sleeve - when you let your guard down.

Big, big hug!!!!!

Tirza T.
on 5/18/13 11:09 am
VSG on 01/17/12

Thanks for your advice Kairk...I think what you are saying about the mature sleeve and eating more veggies may have been a reason why the couple of times I tried to take control again I couldn't (I was trying to do an all liquid week). I will make sure to add lots of fresh veggies to my shopping list.

Most Active