4 years post op and GUESS WHAT?????

Lyndsay1031
on 5/25/13 1:12 pm - Loveland, OH

Hey guys- it's been a long time since I have posted on here. I apologize for my absence!  But I am in need of help and advice. 

I took 2 pregnancy tests this morning- both positive. I am freaking out! Of course I find out on a weekend- a holiday weekend no less- and my docs office is closed. What should my diet be like now? cool

ShelleKarena
on 5/25/13 1:25 pm, edited 5/25/13 1:26 pm
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Finding out you are pregnant can be a pretty shocking thing.  I would avoid anything that makes you nauseous. :)  I wish I had something soothing or informational to say but honestly I am still waiting on surgery.  Any pregnancy advice I have would be pre op.  I wouldn't freak out though.  Which is way easier said than done when you have all those crazy ass hormones wreaking havoc on your system. Congratulations!

Also try and estimate how far along you are.  I would imagine if you are still early on in your pregnancy that you have quite a while before you need to worry about anything. 

Julie L.
on 5/25/13 2:00 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

My guess would be that protein would still be the most important,  and then whatever you can tolerate :)   You need to eat but you don't really need to eat that much more than you do when you're just maintaining your weight,  people will try to tell you "Oh you're PREGNANT, you should EAT" but that road can also lead to gaining 80 pounds during your pregnancy,  or at least it did for me :)   The carbs will probably go down easier than other stuff if you have morning sickness,  knock on wood that you don't!   I didn't have it too bad,  but I did crave pickles a lot!  My husband caught me at the fridge drinking the pickle juice straight from the pickle jar.   Other than that,  I'm guessing just start getting a multi that contains enough folic acid or just take extra folic acid along with your regular vitamins if needed,  I'm not sure what they recommend that intake to be for pregnancy.

lunarose
on 5/25/13 2:01 pm - Newhall, CA

If you are not taking it start on a B complex, folic acid and pre natal vitamins. Just be sure your are getting in your protein and up your carbs to the 80-100g a day. Verticalsleevetalk.com has a pregnant with a vsg section you can check out.

tiddles
on 5/25/13 3:01 pm
VSG on 05/09/13 with

I believe you only need to increase your calorie intake by 300 calories when pregnant. That's not much - of course I ate like a pig when I was pregnant, hence the need for vsg 12 years later.

You should discuss all this at length with your ob doc... and congratulations!

Lyndsay1031
on 5/26/13 11:21 am - Loveland, OH

Thanks for the replies and advice guys! I appreciate it!

Most Active