Question about before & after pics and tracker.....

Kathy-cny
on 6/5/13 3:16 am - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Hello everyone! I have not had surgery yet, have a July 9th date....my questions is when did everyone take their before pics....The second part of my question is who did everyone start their tracker...I kind of want my weight just before surgery to shown and to track the weight loss from surgery...just wondering everyone's thoughts....

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Diana E.
on 6/5/13 3:33 am
VSG on 03/27/13

Take it now!  You will end up wanting a before and after of where you originally came from. But I also suggest taking it right before surgery, and then every 1 month surgiversary date there after.  Also take measurements.  I did pics, but not measurements, and I really regret it.

Before pics were really hard for me to do.... but I took them, and didn't look at them until I was ready to post my first progress pics.  I don't suggest trying to wear the same outfit for your pics through the weight loss journey.  After a while, you are not going to be able to really see a difference because the clothes will be so baggy.  Wear something form fitting (like workout wear) and easy to itdentify your shape on camera... ie- not solid black.  I did jeans and a t-shirt so far for my pics.

But record those measurments!!  It may be tough to take in the realization now.... but you will be so happy you did within just 1 month of surgery.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

justpete
on 6/5/13 5:17 am
VSG on 04/02/13

I started my ticker on my last doctor consult.   I tried to lose a few pounds before my pre-op diet.  i figure it's all part of the process and i worked for it so why not. turned out to be only 10lbs over like 4 months anyway.  lol

definitely take the measurements now.  I waited until surgery day and missed out on tracking some inches lost for sure.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

SuzyNZ
on 6/5/13 5:38 am
VSG on 09/17/12
I take B&A pics almost every week, certainly early on when the losses were very rapid. I wore my gym clothes so that I looked the same in every pic. These are fabulous to have, especially on the many many days to come when you feel like you don't look any different to your starting point and you can look at them to get a bit of a reality check.

I also kept my largest pair of work pants and largest jeans and every now and again, I go put them on too. It just staggers me how big I was but really couldn't see it.

I started my ticker at my first consult weight which was 6 weeks before surgery. I lost 12kgs before my op and 64kgs since (167lbs total). The 12kgs in the month before we're actually harder because it was all my work. But I'm not going to short-change my achievements by only reflecting post-op loss. I don't care how or when the weight was lost (pre or post op), its gone and I'm celebrating the whole total.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views