Road Trip-Never Would Have Been Possible 250 lbs Ago.

71dart
on 6/16/13 11:24 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
This weekend a friend of mine was jonesing for some sausage so we hopped in his Monaco Dynasty Bus and cruised on up to Frankenmuth for some Willi's sausage, Zehnder's chicken, Michigan wine and one Helluva good time. I've never traveled this way before; at 555 I wouldn't even step in an RV from fear of breaking the sliding step, captain's chair, leaf springs, etc.

I am beginning to notice that I am different, more mobile, more confident, better looking, healthier, happier. People treat me differently which gives me mixed emotions, but life is good.

To the pre-ops who always ask if VSG works for high BMI, or if you have regrets, or if you can be successful with this or that issue; well, you probably know how I feel.

If I could post pix with my iPad, I would put a couple of me next to my buddy's kick-ass bus, because I no longer avoid cameras.

Tom

pineview01
on 6/16/13 11:37 am - Davison, MI

Now you got me wishing I went to Frankenmuth.  I missed going for my B-day this year as I was only a couple months out.  Not sure if I could get any chicken down yet.  I used to get a case of wine every time I went.  At 555 I don't even think I could have fit thru the door of my old RV, I had butt issues at 250.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Miss150
on 6/16/13 12:46 pm

Haven't seen you so much on  the forum lately-oh, ya, it's because you're out and about and living life- and doing it well, it sounds like.  Life IS GOOD- amen.  Love hearing from you.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

71dart
on 6/16/13 8:06 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Living life and working a lot. The nice thing is I came back and got on the scale... nervous... and lost 10 lbs in the past 2 1/2 weeks. Frankenmuth is all about the food. Not a lot of skinny locals there.

I'm actually enjoying ordering a small entré and taking half home in a go box.

frisco
on 6/17/13 8:00 am

Welcome back to your life !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

71dart
on 6/17/13 8:59 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Thank you, man. Feels good.

BTW: thank you for your input on this forum.

Tom

Most Active