New passport, new badge, next up: driver's license!

Jenny C.
on 6/21/13 9:45 am

Two years after my surgery, I finally got a new badge at work.  I kind of liked having the old picture because my hair was about 2 inches long + all the weight, so I found it to be a nice reminder of how far I've come.  I'm doing a bicycle ride from Seattle to Vancouver, BC in August, and my new passport just arrived in the mail.  Next up, the last hold-out--driver's license.  I have been expecting to get the fish eye when boarding flights, but they don't even blink.  I'll be happier though when my license looks like me.  And the listed weight, which was a big lie at the time, is 40 lbs more than I weigh now. Yay sleeve.

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/13 10:39 am
VSG on 06/04/12
I have to laugh at my driver's license which I renewed last year right before surgery. I lied and said I was 188 lbs which was about 70 under what I weighed at the time. Now, I weigh 60 lbs less than what it says and look completely different. Not sure if I should go in a get a new one or not... in my current picture I look like the saddest person in the world - a good reminder like you said of how far you have come.
Jenny C.
on 6/21/13 10:52 am

All right, missy, you go out and get yourself a new license which proudly bears your real weight, and looks like you, and kicks ass.  No more saddest person in the world for you!  Way to go, sister.

Mr Mom
on 6/23/13 11:41 am

Very cool!

I waited about a year and then I got new pics on my DL and my Sam's Club card. I was getting tired of people saying that either this wasn't my ID or that I had lost a "tremendous amount of weight". It's a great feeling to put away those old pics tho, congrats!... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

Most Active