Loving the New Dynamic on the Forum

Tirza T.
on 7/16/13 5:25 am
VSG on 01/17/12

It is always wonderful to see the before and after and read what is working for some and not working for others. A lot of the posts revolved around what we are eating (which is also great). The new dynamic I see from Keith and others is about fitness. At this stage in the game at 18 months out (tomorrow) the food is still super important, but the fitness will be integral for my long term success. I love the thoughts, advice and motivational pictures out there on the forum about fitness they are really inspiring.

OH Community you are always there when I need you, even when you don't know. I just wanted to say I love this new dynamic that focuses on fitness as well as what we are putting into our bodies.

MayPenGirl
on 7/16/13 5:32 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

I second that!!

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

cece58
on 7/16/13 12:58 pm - CA

When I was about 4 months after surgery I was feeling a little anxious and complained to my doctor about it. I felt that I no longer had food to go to when I was stressed out and didn't know how to replace it. He told me to start a "hobby". That sounded kind of funny to me as I had no idea what kind of hobby to take up as I had never thought of that before. So, I thought long and hard about it and decided to go and sign up for Yoga. That was the best thing I ever did! I was always into exercise but Yoga has improved my health sooooo much. It has increased my strength tremendously but it is also so calming. It really is  great exercise. I have continued with it for the past 2 1/2 years and actually work my day around my Yoga schedule. I never experienced a stall during weight loss and I think it was because of all of my exercising. But I also can handle stressful situations much easier than in the past. I highly recommend adding Yoga to any exercise routine. 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Most Active