18 Month Post Op/2nd Month Battle VS Regain

Tirza T.
on 7/16/13 9:33 pm
VSG on 01/17/12

HW and Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs

After Pre-op Dieting Surgery Weight on 1/17/2012: 294 lbs

November 17, 2012 &10 months Post Op: 165.5 lbs... This was 10.6 lbs away from a normal BMI and 15.6 lbs away from my ultimate personal goal.

May 17, 2013: 227 lbs which is a regain of 61.4 lbs

Month one Battle vs Regain (06/17/2013): 205.2 lbs which is a monthly loss of 21.8 lbs

Month two Battle vs Regain (07/17/2013): 196.2 lbs which is a monthly loss of 9 lbs.

This is a total loss of 30.8 of the regain pounds in which I need to take off 30.7 lbs to get back to where I was in November. I am ok with this roughly 31 lbs seems like a much more manageable number than 61 lbs. I am going to hit this goal first before I even attempt to add in my 15.6 lbs for my ultimate goal. I also stayed at a "stall" the last week and a half of last month and a little over the first week and a half of this month. Elina made a post on 6/23/13 about excuses and I realized I was making excuses and still rewarding myself with foods namely Nuts which are on my plan but, not in the excess for which I was eating them. She suggessted they should only be used as condiments only and I took that advice and it appears that my stall was not a stall at all. As soon as I slowed on the nut consumption the weight started to come off again. I want to say to that, that people should post and share their thoughts and feelings even if no one responds to your post and only reads it. Posts people have made have helped me tremendously on this journey. Happy hump day all!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
NursingQueen
on 7/16/13 10:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 08/26/13

Be proud of yourself not only for all the weight you lost but also for realizing you needed to get back on track.  I have no doubt you reach your goal!! 

Pre-Op: 257.6   Surgery: 241.6  Pre-op: 16  M1: 21.6  M2: 13.9

Tirza T.
on 7/17/13 1:02 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Thank you
edelu
on 7/17/13 4:26 am - los angeles, CA

Kudos to you. that is  huge amount of loss, that's new sleeve loss.  Amazing because being two years out i realize it was much easier back then.  In your post you talked about what helped, I think if you were to post your days food and frequency of eating it would help a ton of folks dealing with gain.  Also I'm sure you didn't log when you were gaining but if you had some idea of amounts and frequency.  so often on here we see, people say i let the carb monster in but most of us skirt the border, the border thinking oh a little of this and a little of that doesn't seem to show up.  But I'm sure it was the same for you for a period of time.  so at what point did you realize it wasn't bouncing up a few and down a few anymore?  Answer anything in here you want to and disregard the rest.  We are lucky you came back to post and show us your progress and struggle.                                                                                   Really, really stellar job Tirza.  You should be really proud of yourself. 

Tirza T.
on 7/17/13 8:36 am
VSG on 01/17/12

I think it is more that I tend to lose quickly in the first couple of months. Honestly think about what I am capable of gaining. I gained a lot in a very short period of time and in between that time I tried to rein it in and lost ten pounds four separate times. So I am grateful that I lose quite a bit compared to some. Because I still lose at a slower pace then the craziness I can gain. I will say that for some reason from the beginning even though my surgeon uses the smaller bougie size I was capable of eating a lot of volume still. Not nearly as much as pre-surgery but a lot compared to everyone else. I think I can honestly say I was eating a lot to gain that weight and all of it was pretty much crap like ice-cream and mocha frappes and nachos with steak and flautas and all carby greasy goodness that is no good for me. After posting on here two months ago I was given the advice that I should up my veggies. I do a protein shake for breakfast and another one as a snack in work. I will eat chili or low carb egg or tuna salad for lunch with some lettuce leaves. For dinner I will generally have chicken, fish or steak baked with a large assortment of veggies or with salad.  I hope that helped edelu. I was not a grazer I was actually eating a significant amount of calories. Probably my daily calories were what I would have eaten in three days or more during my weightloss phase.

fran67
on 7/16/13 10:51 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Congrats on getting things under control again! I too had a regain (14lbs) since February and finally got myself together and as of Sunday, I'm back on plan.

What you said about posting is true! It's really helped me to read other people's posts like yours to know I'm not alone. It's been very motiviating and helpful. I may not have responded to a lot of those posts but I'm grateful the person had the courage to put it out there.

Good luck on getting to goal and thanks for posting today!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Tirza T.
on 7/17/13 1:05 am
VSG on 01/17/12
The funny thing it feels good to be back on plan doesn't it? I feel like I have more control and just feel better health wise.
Sandy M.
on 7/16/13 11:01 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good post!  I need to remember to stick with OH, especially once I reach maintenance so I remember my basics!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Valsdetermined2lose
on 7/16/13 11:06 pm, edited 7/16/13 11:07 pm

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I told you you can do it!! Great story and keep up the good work, remember we are still human after surgery and not perfect just because we have the sleeve to help us. It takes hard work and persistence.

I was battling a regain as you know but  i am proud to report that im down 14 pounds !!! from my goal which is another 11 pounds :)

Keep up the good work!!

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Tirza T.
on 7/17/13 1:03 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Awesome job Val!
Most Active