Confessions of a Husband

Jennifer L.
on 7/17/13 8:12 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Since I have returned from my surgery, my husband has joined the gym and began to change some of his eating patterns. He has talked all week about how HE needs to get in shape (he is not heavy, but has gained about 25lbs since we have been together for the last 7 years). He confessed to me that he is making these changes because he knows this time I will be successful. He said "This time it isn't a maybe that you'll lose the weight, its an absolute because you have this tool. So I need to get in shape. Before I secretly wished you'd give up so I wouldn't have to change my patterns." 

What an amazing realization of our marriage!! He wanted me happy but wasn't ready to change himself... He knew if I changed, he needed to change too. Now he knows there isn't an option on if life will change for us because it WILL.... so he knows he has to jump on board. 

I was just amazed by his confession.

Did anyone else have spouses/partners/family members admit the same thing?

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Kathy-cny
on 7/17/13 8:50 am - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

I wish my husband did......he devoured 2 Hoffman hot dogs and 1 kielbasa with rolls, white rice, and fruit the other night....and he was in pain after a few hrs.....he is 6 ft tall and about 165 lbs.....tall and lanky.....but on the other hand he does eat fruit and yogurt every day,but he does had heart disease in his family...hopefully he will back off on the size of his servings.....my friends and I have a saying when we used to all hang out and party...terry would be eating his 3rd snack of the night and we would say "are you hungry terry?" And he would say "no but I could eat!"     Looking back....how sad that we just ate because of a routine.....or the time of day...or for social reasons....

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

dswecker
on 7/18/13 12:31 pm - MD
RNY on 06/26/13

My husband since my surgery seems to be eating more it is like sympathy eating or something. For me however, he has started this every time I eat making comments about the fact that I am eating. I am only 3 weeks out of surgery and I am eating pureed foods and only 2-3 oz at a time maybe 3 times a day. I am not even able to get in all the protein or fluids that the Dr is requesting of me. And now he is making me feel like If I don't pay attention I will fail, and the worst part is that me weight has went up 2 pounds and then I have stayed at the same weight now for 4 days.

Wandering if because I am not taking in all of the items that I am supposed to (protein) is that what is going on with me. Than again if I try to eat more often so my body has fuel to burn is he going to make a comment about it.

Donna Swecker

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/13 9:02 am
That's awesome. Great support for you too!
lnettles1963
on 7/17/13 9:17 am
VSG on 07/12/13

My husband and I started before I had the surgery. We must get a look in our eye, because he said he knew I meant it this time too. So we threw everything bad out and stocked the cabinets with everything good. My husband is not overweight, but has had cancer and his blood pressure goes really high and really low. So he felt like we could get healthy together.

I think it is great your husband is doing this with you, it just shows he is supportive and cares. Even though he admitted to not being ready to make the change.

I also found we spent more quality time together, planning meals or taking a walk. Not just sitting in the living room together with the TV on. We actually drug our bikes out of the garage. Okay, that was funny, I had not ridden in forever.

I am happy for you, you are a beautiful girl with a beautiful family and you will do this!!!!!

Jennifer L.
on 7/18/13 5:27 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I look forward to being more active with my husband! The big thing is snowboarding. He is a snowboarder (its gotten harder for him since he developed a small gut haha) and I have the gear, but have never been able to really snowbaord with him. I would like to make that happen. 

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

lnettles1963
on 7/18/13 10:37 am
VSG on 07/12/13

I'm in Florida, no snowboarding for us. LOL

You should make snowboarding a goal!!!!

Good Luck!!!

pineview01
on 7/17/13 9:43 am - Davison, MI

What an awesome confession.  Mine was already a hard working fool that can eat anything but he works to earn that right.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jennifer L.
on 7/18/13 5:25 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Men seem to get away with eating more... not fair!

Instagram

pineview01
on 7/18/13 11:59 am - Davison, MI

That is the truthsurprise

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views