1 month

Vickie R.
on 7/19/13 10:53 am - Saint Amant, LA

It's been 4 weeks since my surgery. I have lost 27 lbs. and 14.75 inches.  Wow...AMAZING!!

I know I'm not supposed to but I weigh myself everyday, which is probably not good because I have been at the same weight for about 4 days.  I got used to seeing my weight go down every day so not sure what's going on.

I haven't changed anything, I am eating just what I am supposed to eat.  I may be running  little short on getting my water in.

Is this normal?  Should I try something different?

5'8" / HW 278 / SW 252 / GW 150

abbeycat43
on 7/19/13 10:58 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I am 5.5 weeks out and I weigh most every day, but I am not bothered by a stall...I was stalled for 8 days during my TOM, and now, the scale is dropping again...totally normally...I also found out I was using a protein that was "garbage" so that may explain some of it and I struggle with getting enough liquids...getting better every day...and the scale, I am sure, will follow.

Vickie R.
on 7/19/13 11:01 am - Saint Amant, LA

Thank you...that makes me feel better.  I started reading about stalls and apparently this is normal.  I just want to see it keep coming off. LOL!

5'8" / HW 278 / SW 252 / GW 150

abbeycat43
on 7/19/13 11:09 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I know you've heard this before...but the weight didn't go on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight...weigh, measure and track everything you put in your mouth and if you are following the rules and exercising, it WILL come off.  

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/13 12:10 pm

Congrats on the 27 lbs off! That's a great achievement so don't worry about stalls. 

lil1inside
on 7/19/13 12:35 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

AWESOME!!!!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

tigerbelle
on 7/19/13 1:20 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

vickie, last month I literally could have written almost your exact post...I am at  months now and have started slowly losing again...it is a downer when you see the weight go down every day for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden the scale doesn't move...it's also frustrating and to me was scary...I also thought something was wrong with me because I was following my plan (other than like you said having trouble getting all recommended liquid in)...everyone here assured me this was normal and that everybody also loses at different rates...and I held on to that and still am...hang in there!  to me it sounds like you are doing great

ShelleKarena
on 7/19/13 2:51 pm
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Congrats on your pounds coming off!  The way it was explained to me was that your body needs a few days (weeks) to readjust to the fat you have taken off.  I swear the 25 pounds I have lost have come out of my hands and feet!  I know strange places to lose weight, but hell I'll take it! 

Super Cali Swagalistic Sexy Hella Dopeness!

Pre op: 15 lbs  M1: 18.4 lbs M2: 13.4 (2 wk stall) M3 14.4

Minemake14
on 7/19/13 9:04 pm

I think it is very normal to plateau at certain points. I lost about 24 pounds the first 3 weeks, then nothing for 10 days, then started losing again, and have stalled at various points.  I try to not freakk out about it- thinking I am not going to lose anymore- eventually I do....a few days, a week, two weeks....just stay on the road, it twists and turns, but it will get you there....

Vanessa_M
on 7/19/13 9:48 pm

Congrats on the loss! My stall just broke yesterday so I know how you feel!  But when it broke I had a 4 pound loss. It sucks when you are going through it but when it breaks life is good again!  Hang in there! 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views