Broken Refrigerator

Tirza T.
on 7/23/13 9:38 pm
VSG on 01/17/12

OMG my Fridge has been broken since Friday night. I have no cold water, no ice, nothing. I went Saturday to purchase a new one which really ate my savings account and it will not be here until sometime this Friday. I am stressed to the max cause protein shakes with lukewarm water are DISGUSTING! I have tried to eat small portions and keep what perishables I had in my mini fridge which is not working out well with a family of five. Basically, since Monday I have been eating take-out Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I have been back to eating my nuts which are a slippery slope for me and I am FRUSTRATED. I am afraid to get on the scale. I know the salt content must be through the roof because I am always tired and I am visably retaining water. The things I order are scallops with broccoli, chili, Mussels in red sauce, zucchini with Pork or Chicken....but I still don't think even with these choices that this could possibly be good for me every single day, all day.

Oh Friday I can't wait to see you! I can't believe I am going to say this but I really miss starting my day with my vanilla protein shake blended with ice and instant coffee. I do, I miss it! LOL.   I don't know how people lived without refrigerators before LOL.

Rant over

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
jenn227
on 7/23/13 10:47 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Maybe you can get a cooler and fill it with ice (you can buy bags of ice) and use the ice to cool up some of your must have perishables or even to add to your shakes?

Poor you...I hate when the appliance gods frown upon me!  One of the most frustrating experiences ever!

Hang in there!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Tirza T.
on 7/24/13 12:11 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Thanks ... lol this is so annoying. Friday I will feel so much better
Tracy D.
on 7/23/13 10:54 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've had refrigerators go out too and it's the worst!   I felt like I was camping for a week inside my house with all the coolers and the ice that I constantly had to buy to keep stuff cold.  Makes you really appreciate modern conveniences. 

You are doing the best that you can under hard cir****tances.  This too shall pass...come on Friday!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Tirza T.
on 7/24/13 12:16 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Tracy, you are right this too shall pas. Lol thanks
Most Active