Just a little freaked out

f4eva
on 7/31/13 10:49 am

I had a surgery date of 8/12/13 and the surgeon's office called me that the surgeon was re-scheduling the patients he had on that day and he wanted to move me to 8/8/13.  Well, I know this is good news but I'm excited and terrified at the same time.  I just had to put it out here and share my feelings because most people don't really understand how I'm feeling.  I know it's the right thing for me to do but I can't shake the scared feeling.  Does it go away?

Beadle
on 7/31/13 10:53 am
VSG on 05/28/13 with

You will go through a range of emotions, just keep your eye on the prize. Make sure to follow everything they tell you to do. Walk and sip you will do great. I had my surgery 2 months ago so it is all still fresh in my mind. Each day post op gets better just don't push to hard. Sip and walk and rest

Just keep on moving

grannymedic1
on 7/31/13 11:05 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

For me it went away as soon as I could eat again! LOL. Actually I relaxed as soon as surgery was done but adapting to my sleeve was so different than my band that I got uptight again. It is absolutely normal to be scared. Don't deny it but try not to dwell on it or feed it. Keep yourself very busy, get plenty of exercise, and prepare as best as you can. I ended up painting my kitchen to keep my mind off it. A little extreme but it worked.kiss

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

MuttLover
on 7/31/13 12:18 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

You are in good freak out company.  There were several people sleeved the same month I was, and every few days, the words Freaking Out or some variations would be in the headline of the post.  In fact, I bet if you searched the words "freaked out", you'd probably get as many results as you do for "stall"!

Yes, most of us have had the freak out, what in the world am I doing moment.  It does go away. Personally, I kept a list (well, actually an excel spreadsheet!) listing all of the reasons I thought VSG was the right choice for me.  Another list of things I can't do because I'm overweight.  Another list of why I think I can be successful this time.  Then I would read through those documents every time I started to doubt or be afraid.

Maybe something like that can help!  Or list all the things you are scared of, then determine how likely those things are to happen.  

Best of luck in your journey!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Calking
on 7/31/13 2:22 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Making lists freaks me out ... lol.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Calking
on 7/31/13 2:25 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

It is a very common feeling to be freaked out.  Put it into perspective.  You have two choices and you need to figure out which of those two freaks you out more.  

1)  Do nothing.  Obesity will continue to stress your body and continue to cause poor health and slowly kill you as your organs get worn down.

2) This surgery that will prevent the slow inevitable death that obesity will cause.

So now I ask you, when you think about it that way, which freaks you out more?  It's a rhetorical question and I don't expect an answer.  Just something to think about when you get freaked out.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 29 views