What a rollercoaster ride....

f4eva
on 8/2/13 9:37 am

and I don't like rollercoasters.  First, my surgery is set for 8/12 - so I'm mentally preparing for that.  Then I get a call from the surgeon's office that he wants to move my surgery up to Thursday, 8/8 - and I'm like OMG - that's next week!  So, I rush to finish getting my lab work, primary dr. appt., etc so that I get the clearance to them with enough time.  Then yesterday I get a call from my cardiologist's office, who was the one that started me on this path to begin with, saying that he wasn't aware the surgery was so "major" and wants me to do a stress test and the only availability he has is Tuesday.  I'm like WHAT!?!?!?  So, after a lot of soul searching and telephone calls, I'm trying to psyche myself that this is probably for the best.  So, hopefully, I will pass this last hurdle and be able to finally have this done on 8/8/13.  Wish me luck but above all - less anxiety.  So much for planning it all out....

Wlc
on 8/2/13 10:16 am

I had surgery 4 months age and I wished I would have done it years ago.  I feel  wonderful and have lost 70 lbs., have as much energy as in my 20ies.  Just think you can get a extra week head start.  Good luck, you will feel great!

lucy2e
on 8/2/13 10:37 am - Laurel, MD

The last few hurdles pre-op are always the CRAZIEST!  Mine was getting back blood results 2 days before that my clotting faction was off.  PCP was worried, but surgeon wasn't so everything went ahead.  It will be ok - deep breath!  If things have to push back, thats ok too!

Good luck!!!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

pineview01
on 8/2/13 12:28 pm, edited 8/2/13 12:28 pm - Davison, MI

I had them call when I was banded with a we have a cancelation and do you want it.  So, all the planning went out the window and I was on my liquid diet before I even had the pre-op testing and the nut class.  It was totally crazy.

You will come out of all the crazy in great shape.

What did he think you were doing that he didn't know it was so "major"

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/13 1:42 pm - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

It is definitely a roller coaster ride pre and post-surgery. But so worth it! It is good that your cardiologist is being thorough and will give you some peace of mind as you go through surgery. I wish you the best and you will love being on the sleeved side!

indiaejd
on 8/2/13 3:54 pm

Best of luck to you.  You are probably wise to wait.  I had a number of co-morbidities and waited a total of 5 years to get the surgery.  I went through the whole process three times with my insurance company to finally be approved - not always their fault.  Sometimes the docs decided I should have this test or that.  I have had two organ transplants, so that's part of the problem.  At any rate, I'm finally four months out, have lost a considerable amount of weight, and feel SO much better.  I think you might be wise to wait.  I sympathize, believe me, with your anxiety and emotional levels going up and down.  Hang in there!

rhearob
on 8/2/13 4:30 pm - TN

Congratulations!  Welcome to the losers bench!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active