Wierd sensations

f4eva
on 8/10/13 1:23 am

I'm 2 days post-op and I thought we weren't supposed to feel hunger?  I'm pretty sure what I feel is hunger that then turns into a bit of nausea.  I have a really bad headache that seems to get duller but not go away.  I'm trying to get all my liquids in and since I'm in the clear part of my diet, I can pretty much only drink water, sf jello, broth, sf popsicles and tea.  I'm not sure what I'm feeling much less my stomach!  Any suggestions / thoughts??

debk21
on 8/10/13 1:57 am - Mansfield, TX

Everything IS all weird right now for you.  You just had lots of nerves cut and your stomach pulled out, not to mention everything got wrangled around and is all swelled up.  It's okay and it will get better.  Hang in there!!!  Just wanted to send some encouragement your way...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

TexasTerritory
on 8/10/13 2:00 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Early post-op I thought I felt hunger~~turned out to be intestional queasiness. I am much more regular now and don't feel hunger. Hoping all is better soon.
Tracy D.
on 8/10/13 2:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Much of that "hunger" that turns to nausea is actually stomach acid at work -- been there, still dealing with that!  If you haven't started on some type of PPI (Prilosec, Nexium, etc.) you may want to talk to your doctor about it if this sensation continues.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

cappy11448
on 8/10/13 2:44 am

It is really confusing just after surgery.  I felt sensations, but I couldn't tell if they were hunger or upset or what.  It sounds like your diet is just as it should be for day 2.  I also could not tell full.  I got the classic runny nose, or hiccups.  Sometimes I just knew if I swallowed the next bit it would be too much.  It takes a while to get used to the new tummy, but you will get there. 

best of luck on your recovery.  It sounds like you are doing great.  It won't be long until we are sharing success stories from the Loser's Bench!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

f4eva
on 8/10/13 4:45 am

My doctor sent me one omeprazole per day.  I just started them today.  They gave me Nexium in the hospital.  Anyone with the bad headache/migraine?  I've just tried putting ice packs on because I don't really want to keep taking Tylenol.

Thanks so much for the words of wisdom and encouragement - they really do help!! 

lnettles1963
on 8/10/13 6:58 am
VSG on 07/12/13

I had a bad headache, they said I could be withdrawing from meds from hospital or getting dehydrated. Please make sure you are drinking ALOT!!!  I had a hard time getting the fluids in. I am 4 weeks post op and still struggle everyday to get fluids. My Dr wants 80oz a day. I have to push and focus to get 45oz.

In the beginning, it is lots of baby steps, but you are at the right place for all your questions. Someone will be able to ehlp and when in doubt Call your Doctor!!!!

Best Wishes!!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views