Surgery date now Aug 29th. Had to change surgeons.

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 12:35 am
Just a little up from yesterday. Was supposed to have surgery today. The scheduler completely messed up my paperwork. I ended not even being able to have surgery at the hospital my original surgeon performs at because although its a COE my insurance didn't consider them as one. So changed their distant partner, who actually was the one who trained my surgeon! His practice definitely does things different. Like they don't send you home with lovenox unless you are high risk. He has no pre op diet. He says because realistically it is too hard to stick to prior to surgery. He does tell his patients to follow an Adkins diet but not the clear liquid. But he's done over 3500 surgeries and has a zero mortality rate and only two sleeve leaks from years ago. Both in men with CPAP so they started to oversow on those patients and has had one since. I actually feel so much more comfortable with him and I am actually glad this whole mix up happened. Everyone was saying that this happened because it was a sign I shouldn't get the surgery. But I think I was meant to just change surgeons. Anywho thanks for all the thoughts and kind words!!! It really helped to make me feel better. Ill be on that losers bench soon enough!!!
mickeymantle
on 8/21/13 1:22 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

so you are waiting one more week but getting a better surgeon sounds like a good deal

I just finished my lovinox after a month and those shots hurt so you should be glad you don't need them ,and the pre op diet was not so bad

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 1:49 am
Thanks. I'm gladthe pre op diet clear liquid diet was easier for you. Lol I was in hell. Up side I didlose weight so iIl probably keep it up since I've been doing it this long.
Wendy Covill
on 8/21/13 1:27 am - VT

Yippee! I finally have a surgery date buddy! My surgery is scheduled at DHMC 8 days from today! I am so excited to start this journey. think this was a sign that you were to have a better surgeon. Mine was scheduled at a time that my husband has off from work. Destiny and good Karma! Soon we will be on the loser bench!

Good luck!

Wendy

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 1:51 am
Yayyy a surgery twin. Good I look forward to following your progress. Ill check on you after and see how you're doing!!
Wendy Covill
on 8/21/13 3:11 am - VT

Tomorrow is my final group appointment! One step closer. Ordered my food scale and bathroom scale today. Looking up recipes to get me through this. Nice to have someone at the exact same stage you are to journey with.

Looking forward to it!

rengirl1978
on 8/21/13 2:00 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Oh I am so glad it worked out for you!!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

Most Active