New mindset

kjo74
on 8/20/13 11:11 pm - Lincoln, NE

So, I have completed the seminar/webinar with the new surgeon's office in Omaha.   Spoke with them yesterday and have my initial consultation September 20th.  The person I spoke with did say that anything that they require and  I have completed with the Lincoln office, will transfer over (pysch, nutrition, fitness evals). YAY!   The only thing I am fretting is with the new insurance they require a 6 month doctor supervised diet or proof of WW AND 2 doctor visits noting weight and that I was on WW.   I have 2 visits, however....the first one was about 2 weeks prior to when I started WW.  So, I am hoping they will count it.  If not, I am using the 6 months to kick some butt in the gym and build muscle.  I have been hitting it hard the past month and can really feel my strength building. 

I am still hoping the surgery happens soon.....my 40th birthday is in February and I want to be well on the path on the new me!   40 is the new 20, right?!   kiss

Kendra

Approved!   Meet with surgeon 4/1 to get my surgery date! 

LosingSarah
on 8/20/13 11:53 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Good luck with your insurance.  Oh, and yes, 40 is the new 20!  I'm 37, so that must make me like 17, right? :)

kjo74
on 8/21/13 12:11 am - Lincoln, NE

Thanks!!     17 for sure!  

Kendra

The_True_KayD
on 8/21/13 12:05 am

I am grateful for your post. I could be in your same situation over the up and coming months. I am looking for a new job after getting laid off. This may mean a new medical. I can worry about it or just trust that everything will work out. For now I am leaving it to that everything will work out. After waiting for almost a month and half I met with the nutritionist to go over my eating and approve me to move forward. I was not happy with the delays but I decided to use the time to make my post-op success to be great! I have started my pre-op weight loss process. Changing my eating etc. My current medical requires six months of weight loss. I decided to use the time to work on my thinking. I crawled into bed last night and took a few moments to think about my day. I started thinking about my relationship with food. I got to thinking about what kind of romantic relationship that I want in my life. I know that it needs to be healthy, supportive and work as a team when problems arise. I then started thinking does that same criteria match my relationship with food. I had to say NO. My food relationship is not healthy. It has resulted in this excessive weight, my not dealing with problems (ate to stuff them down) and it creates more problems than it solves! I have had bad romantic relationships before and have gotten out of them. It is time to end this food relationship as it is and create a new one. Time for me to start dating healthy protein and veggies!!! Sounds like a good relationship to me! Not sure if I didnt have the time that I would have come to this realization. 

All good things come to those who wait. 

KayD

kjo74
on 8/21/13 12:13 am - Lincoln, NE

That is a great way to think about it....I am definitely going to keep that in mind while working on the mental part of this!   

Wishing you the best of luck job hunting, and keeping the thought that better things are in store for you!

Kendra

The_True_KayD
on 8/21/13 12:24 am

Thank you for your words of support. I know that everything will work out. My plans is to return to the Counseling arena and get my Master's in Counseling. I would like to work in the bariatric world. I trust that when you want to do something positive that the universe will help to make it happen! 

I thought that the new healthcare program starts that insurance they have to view things as a pre-existing condition and treat it! I am wondering if we would not have to start all over again. But just deal with the approval process. The first NO will not stop me!!! 

I was just thinking that once I loose all this weight that i will be little. That will be great. This way those who would try to stop me won't see me coming. I will go right past them! LOL...

KayD

Keith L.
on 8/21/13 12:11 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Every one of your primary care visits in the past however many years has recorded your weight. I can't even go to the dentist without getting on a scale (that's a joke), but seriously every doctor I got to weighs me before I see the doc, so you have a recorded weight history as well. I would also venture a guess that every doctor visit you have had your doctor told you to lose weight and suggested some dietary changes, so probably as long as you have been overweight you have been on a supervised diet, you just failed at it and isn't that really the point of having WLS? Because you cannot lose the weight without some help? 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

kjo74
on 8/21/13 12:15 am - Lincoln, NE

Oh most definitely....I have had my primary doc copy all the past 5 years of visits that have recorded weight and conversations about it.   I will be submitting those along with the WW records.   It has been since Ican remember getting the talk about needing to lose weight....

Kendra

cappy11448
on 8/21/13 12:41 am

I like your attitude, Kendra.  You can use thevpre-surgery time to develop new eating and exercise habits, and jump-start the weight loss.  I had a three month pre-surgery diet, and I really bought into it.  I lost 50 pounds pre-surgery, and it made the surgery safer, and made it easier to endure the post-surgery frustrations knowing I had already lost some weight. 

Best of luck on your weight loss journey.  I hope you are as happy with WLS as I am.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views