So a 3lb gain turned into a 4lb gain...

dmhe
on 8/27/13 11:58 pm - TX

Of course I know what I am doing wrong.  I am not tracking like I was...duh, so back on that.  Not able to workout as much due to work schedule and assisting my husband in coaching 2 soccer teams (4 nights a week). That just started this week, so really not the root cause, but I also see soccer practice as a way to get in more activity!  Need new running shoes because it is starting to hurt to run but can't afford it right now. 

My clothes still fit, but I can see the flab coming back.  I have dumb bells here at the house up to 15lbs, so time to start lifting at the house at night instead of playing Candy Crush!  I will am also really running with the kids at practice and being very active while I am there since that hour and a  1/2 will be my workout time.  Going to start having the girls do more pushups, crunches and planks and doing it with them.

Guess I need to go ahead and have that garage sale so I can get some new running shoes!

I am also letting carbs back in, darn you pretzels, really just want that salty crunch sometimes.  Not bringing Pretzel Crisps back into my house.  I need to get to Trader Joes and get some more roasted seaweed, that seems to satisfy that craving.

Upping my water.

I am over a year out and feeling great, but feel so much better when I am active. 

Just putting it out there as a reminder to myself.

My pink cloud has burst!  But the good news is, my clothes still fit and I have a plan.  My pre-VSG self would have just given up and had some ice cream. 

So yes, I am still a work in progress, I am not done yet.  But I am starting to figure out (even though I know you all told me so), I will never be done, just recovering and finding my way.

So fun to see everyone on here.  Love all the photos!  It is also nice to see that no one is perfect and we all (ok most all) of us have our struggles.  I thought I would share my struggles too!

Dawn

Member Services
on 8/28/13 12:01 am - Irvine, CA

Acknowledging what you are doing wrong and taking steps one by one to turn it around is the way to keep 3 lbs becoming 30 lbs.  Good job for saying enough is enough and making a list of what needs  to be done to get back on track  Please keep us posted as those nasty pounds come off

Kympiggie
on 8/28/13 12:15 am
VSG on 05/28/13

Thank you for sharing this.  I am still in the so called honeymoon phase, but I really appreciate hearing about what my future may hold as far as WLS is concerned.  Posts like yours keep me grounded and help me to understand what I can expect.  You are doing the right thing for yourself by ack what you have been doing and making a plan to change it.  Thank you again for sharing.

Kym:)

MayPenGirl
on 8/28/13 12:23 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Thanks SO much for posting this.  I am still in the honeymoon phase and posts like this remind me that I have to stay focused or else I will turn back to the old me.  You've already acknowledged the issue so I believe you'll be back on track before you know it. 

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Shagdoll
on 8/28/13 1:45 am

It definitely helps to put it out there & I have faith in you that you have things under control already.  Definitely don't do what I did and let a 5 pound regain turn into a 10, 15, etc regain because obviously the more weight we put on, the harder it is to get it off.  You are doing so awesome & I know you've got this!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

sheytay
on 8/28/13 2:53 am
I am one year out. Weight loss stalled 2 mo. ago. and i beat myself up over it. but Im back now! i am doing liquids only for a few days to kickstart the weightloss again. Carbs are not my friend either..You inspire me to get back on track. I cannot work out as much as I would like due to my RA but doing what I can when I can. I got your back kiddo.

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/13 5:04 am

You are not alone.  We all struggle, but putting it out there, acknowledging what needs to be changed, and changing it takes you back to where you need/want to be.  We are stronger together.  You can do this and so can I.  :)  Hugs.

Most Active