Opurity Vitamins

Bella Italiana
on 8/30/13 4:35 am
VSG on 08/17/13

Any sleevers using these chewable multi-vitamins?  Wondering how they are.  I need to get this vitamin thing sorted out soon and start taking something.  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/13 4:58 am - Canada
VSG on 08/16/13

i was wondering if the vitalady stuff was for sleevers too.  her prices are unbeatable really.  i know they are probably decent for people with a DS or bypass, but since us sleevers need less, it's a good bang for your buck.  but are they good for us.

princesswimmer24
on 8/30/13 5:37 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I was having vitamin issues. I ordered a sample pack from Celebrate.com It was only $3 and I was able to find a vitamin and calcium that I could tolerate post surgery.

kbdee24
on 8/30/13 5:47 am - MO
VSG on 08/06/13

I really do not like them. They are pretty big and have a chalky taste that foams a little. The only upside to this vitamin is that you only have to take them once a day.  Since I paid for them, I'll probably finish them but I would not purchase them again.

A. Kondrlik
on 8/30/13 10:26 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Personally I did not like the taste or chalkiness of the opurity multiple vitamins. They are very complete, so I did take them for a while, but recently switched to regular multiviatmins.  I do like the chewable calcium and the b12 sublingual.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

pinkpeonies
on 8/30/13 10:47 am
VSG on 04/23/12

I use a lot of Opurity products--their shakes, multi-vitamins, calcium, and B12. I'm sick of sweet shakes but tolerate them because some days I need the added protein (the addition of unsweetened almond milk or PB2 helps). The calcium is really good. B12 doesn't dissolve as fast as some others I've tried, but theirs is the methylcobalamin formulation vs. the cyclocobalamin formulation which isn't nearly as effective. The vitamin...ugh. I barely tolerate it but do it because I need it. I have to eat something before taking it or it (or any other "strong enough" multi-vitamin) upsets my stomach. They have outstanding customer service. I ordered a bunch of the chicken soup stuff after surgery because I was dying for something that wasn't sweet...I loved it for about 2 weeks and then couldn't tolerate it anymore. They let me return the stuff I hadn't used as well as the can I'd opened and gave me a credit, no questions asked. They are really quick with turnaround on orders too--most times I get my order a day or two after I order.

Hope this helps!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

jubjub
on 8/31/13 8:39 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

I went through a bottle post-op, and would not order again.  The pill is huge, and i felt ill every single morning I had one.  It's just too much at once.  I take a bunch of different things now to keep the sizes smaller.  I still often feel a bit sick after my morning supplements, but much less than with the opurity.  My sense is that they were formulated more for bypass patients.

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

Baseballmomof4
on 8/31/13 11:22 am - Roswell, GA
VSG on 07/31/13

My doctor recommends Flintstone chewable with iron.  Easy to chew taste great and are cheap.  

Most Active