One month out today :)

rbrown116
on 9/8/13 6:08 am - IA
VSG on 08/08/13

I am down 25.6lbs since surgery, and I feel pretty great! I haven't posted a lot on here since surgery, because I've read up a lot and knew that everyone was different. However, today I just feel like I need to update anyone who cares :) 

I did not have any problems with surgery - very little pain! I have been able to keep all of my food down, and per my nut's guidelines, I have been introducing new foods for about a week now. I have severely struggled with getting in my protein, which my nut and I have discussed. I'm hoping that now that I'm able to eat meats, I will be able to start getting most of my protein from my food without having to rely on supplements. 

As for my water, that too is a struggle. Even though I have a desk job, it is still hard to sit and drink, drink, drink all day. I've been getting in about 48oz of water each day - on a good day!! 

As for my exercising, I have not been cleared for full on exercise yet.. I know I should be walking more, but I try and walk around at work as much as I can. I do feel a lot better since I've had surgery. Beforehand I would walk around work and get out of breath and my back would hurt.. now I don't really have that problem (except the first few days back to work - wow, that'll drain a person!)

As for the food.. I've been able to eat small meatballs, sliced deli meats, hamburgers (homemade of course), and last night at a wedding I had a small piece of pork loin. I can normally eat about 2oz of meat and will have a bite or two of a vegetable or some potatoes. I'm getting pretty sick of eating the same things all the time.. but I'm sure eventually I will start eating different things. 

Anyway.. so far I love my sleeve. I knew this would be a difficult journey, but the missing food part has been the worst for me. Never in a million years did I think I would cry over food lol Oh well.. I have to keep reminding myself that I chose this and that it will get better!! :) 

HW: 330lbs, SW: 307.2, GW: 140lbs
Surgery: VSG  Date: August 8th, 2013
Month 1-25.6, Month 2-13.8

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

sillymilly
on 9/8/13 7:04 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I've been trying to figure out how to get in all my water.  I started this last week, and it really helped me.  Instead of the big water bottles, I just have a smaller bottle with a mark where 8 ounces is.  I fill it at the water fountain, since that's nice and cold.  I try to finish the 8 ounces and refill the bottle every hour.  It makes it less intimidating than looking at that big water bottle, plus I can only drink my water when it's nice and cold.  I can't drink a 20oz bottle without it getting warm.

If I have 8 ounces every hour, I get in 64 ounces by the time the workday is over.  Everything I drink after that is a plus!  

Of course, I don't always get my hour's worth of water, but I come a lot closer to my water goal than I used to!

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

jenlaur1
on 9/8/13 8:16 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

I'll be three weeks out tomorrow.  The biggest adjustment for me was and still is missing the food.  I'm handling it a lot better than that first week..I was an emotional wreck.  It helps that I'm taking my anxiety meds in pill form since the beginning of week two.  For instance, was making my family their lunch...ham and cheese sandwiches with lettuce, tomato and chips on the side...ohhhhh...I so wanted those chips!!  But, sticking to my sleeve diet.  I have my first post surgery meet with my nutritionist tomorrow and boy am I looking forward to her telling me I can advance my diet!!  The diet stages from where I had my surgery don't allow us meats until 'later stage 4 '.  The stage I'll be starting tomorrow is 'early stage 4'..no meat just yet...unless it's baby food meat..yuck!!  My granddaughter lives with us...I can tell you I can see why she spits it out!! lol

It sounds to me that you are doing just fine...and you're right..it will get better!!  We will benefit so much from our sleeve! 

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

jubigirl
on 9/8/13 12:05 pm
VSG on 08/26/13

I've had some of the same issues.  It's a struggle to get in the protein.  I'm 2 weeks out (tomorrow). 

Congrats on the loss! 

Kelli

Most Active