Exactly one month today

f4eva
on 9/8/13 1:07 pm

and so far I've been doing pretty good.  I started regular foods on Friday.  I actually start work tomorrow and wouldn't you know it, I wake up with this sharp pain on my left side in the rib cage area.  I thought maybe it was gas but now I'm not so sure.  It really hurts if I take a deep breath, laugh or something. I'm a little scared because I haven't really had pain even after surgery.  If I wake up with it tomorrow, I am calling surgeon's office. But since this board is so great, I thought I'd ask if  anyone else experienced this?  Any idea of what it could possibly be?

DeveraE
on 9/8/13 2:59 pm - WA
VSG on 07/29/13 with

Funny, but at my one month I experienced exactly the same thing (or at least it sounds like it).  It lasted a few days.  I had my one month follow-up with the doctor and told him, he said if it didn't go away in two weeks, or got worse to call.  It did go away.  It was unnerving though so I share your concern.  I do know from when I had the Lap-band removal surgery there can be fluids that seem to collect in places especially where things were, like the port,(and the stomach?) and that was so painful.  I was glad this went away quickly.  When in doubt, call the doctor.  

Most Active