When does the pain go away?

Imakitekat
on 9/27/13 6:33 am - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Surgery was last Monday and my incisions hurt so bad, mostly when I walk, but I pull through and walk anyway!  I am just finally being Whiney.  I have been sleeping ok, been trying to get most of my water in and still doing clear liquids they seem to settle the best so far, though I know I need more protein!  I think I am in kerosine, my breath is rancid no matter what do, I keep brushing my teeth  and it doesn't seem to matter.  The word above is supposed to be ketosis . I'm not hungry, but I know I need to eat, it's really weird.

any help would be appreciated!  How long will I be in ketosis?

Smiles,:)

Lisa

mpafford
on 9/27/13 6:47 am - TX

I was sleeved 9/10/13 had band removed, and hernia repaired at same time.

I think I must have a pretty high pain tollerance because I really did not have any more pain 3 days PO.

They told me, sip, walk, rest. and that is what I did.

You can get some liquid whey protein at like GNC. I put mine in a bottle of water, and added some sweet N Low, as it is not all that great.

I wish I would have done this in the first days home, as I was very tired. But I try real hard to drink one over 2 days. It has 40gm of protein.

Once you can have your protein shakes, you might feel better.

Everyone is different. So listen to YOUR body, and take care of it.

Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
LtWeight
on 9/27/13 7:07 am - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

I know everyone heals differently but I didn't have any actual pain after the first few days.  The next week or so it was mostly just discomfort if I bent down or did a little too much activity.  I think walking frequently helped a lot.  Good luck!

I'm not sure about the ketosis, I think I may be experiencing that too.  I have a very sweet taste in the back of my mouth and I'm thinking that may be what's happening.  Another question I have for my next follow up visit.

Maggie73
on 9/27/13 7:10 am - Burleson, TX
VSG on 07/22/13

I had bruising type pain and soreness, not necessarily incision pain....but I was fine in about 3-4 days.

As far as ketosis, some try to stay in ketosis, some don't....I decided early on that I was going to forget about counting everything but protein. I personally feel yucky when i am in ketosis too long, so I do eat some carbs to keep me from staying in that constant state. It hasn't affected my loss at all.

~ Maggie  (Age: 40  Height: 5'7")    

SURGERY DATE: 7/22/2013

START: 254.6 - SURGERY: 246.4 - GOAL: 160 - CURRENT: 155  

Diana E.
on 9/27/13 11:12 am
VSG on 03/27/13
I was in pain from the incisions for about 15 days. The way my Dr stitched me up, made it very painful to move around until the stitches dissolved.

Hang in there. ...you're going to start getting releif soon.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Most Active