Just had to share some good news...

theladyelsie
on 10/1/13 10:35 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

So I had been feeling pretty down on myself lately as I detailed out in my last post.

The first time I had exercised at the gym after surgery I was pretty discouraged.  I had asked for some advice here and put some of it into practice and finally got over my reservations and fear of being disappointed again and last night I had the BEST WORKOUT EVER!!!!  

I was surprised at how much energy I had and was able to do 3 sets of 15 each of lat pulldowns, seated cable rows, incline chest flys, dumbbell chest presses, side lateral raises, overhead press using smith machine, overhead tricep extensions and bicep curls.  And walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes.  This seems like a lot but this is how I used to exercise and although I felt muscle fatigue during the workout (which is the point) I felt overall wonderful.   I'm sore but it's a good sore!!!!

AND this morning I fit into some size 22 jeans.  The first time I ever could fit into them.  I remember buying them brand new about 3 or 4 years ago hoping...I started out wearing 30s from Catherines because I couldn't fit into Lane Bryant pants anymore!!!!

Sandy M.
on 10/1/13 10:39 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Exactly

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

theladyelsie
on 10/3/13 6:03 am
VSG on 08/06/13

I love this, thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!

megan.sherman
on 10/1/13 10:39 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

That's great news!  Pretty soon you will be saying goodbye to those 22s and going smaller!

Keith L.
on 10/1/13 11:27 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

That's awesome! Keep it up! Sounds like a great workout! Never be discouraged in the gym, its all about improving. Its good to have a bad or disappointing workout from time to time. Just remember you are doing 100% better than those at home sitting on the couch!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

LosingSarah
on 10/2/13 12:03 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Great job on the workout and the jeans!

theladyelsie
on 10/3/13 6:05 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Thanks for the support everybody!  I am sooo excited to go to the gym today.  Even if I can't do as much as last time I know I am at least capable of it and that makes all the difference. :)  Legs today.  Nothing too fancy because the gym I am going to doesn't have a deadlift platform or a squat rack but I'll make do!

Most Active