Ten Month Update with Pics on Profile

mdusha
on 10/3/13 1:48 am, edited 10/3/13 1:52 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

October 7 will be ten months since surgery, and I have to say, my only regret is not getting the sleeve sooner. I feel as though I've been freed from a prison I built myself.

Though I've had some physical issues along the way, none are related to surgery. I deal with some vertigo that can halt my whole day, and recently fell in a street, eating it with my front teeth. As a result, I now have a scar above my lip and will soon go through a nine month process to remove a front tooth and replace it with an implant. But...it will all be ok. I admit, when I destroyed my tooth, my thought was, "excellent news...I lost all this weight and have now ****** up my face!" But ya know what? The new confidence I've gained thru the sleeve means I'm ok with it. I'll be stronger than ever.

I have just a little ways to goal, and once there, I suspect I'll drop it another 10lbs. 

At my heaviest, I wore a size 26 and a 3X or 4X shirt. I now wear size 10 and a medium or large shirt. As I type this today, I'm in a pair of Lucky Brand size 10 jeans and a J Crew medium t-shirt....shocks me! 

I work constantly on being diligent with logging what I eat, eating less than 800 cals (most days I average 550-650) and less than 30 gms carbs. I also work very hard on my internal self-image because I never want to return from whence I came.

I'm crazy grateful for all of you here. Thanks for your support along the way!

Trying to upload pics to my profile now :-)

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Shagdoll
on 10/3/13 2:37 am

I saw your progress pics on your profile.  You are looking great!  Congrats on all your success so far!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

frisco
on 10/3/13 4:08 am

Just an amazing 10 months !!!!

Congrats..... you have done great !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Tracy D.
on 10/3/13 5:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I am blown away by your progress in only 10 months - WOW!   You have done a great job angry

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gingerbread1
on 10/3/13 1:48 pm
VSG on 04/18/13

You look fab, girl! You inspire me all the time with your progress on MFP! Congratulations!

Ginger

5'11" HW: 288 SW: 280 GW: 180 - Progress with me on MFP: goginger

pineview01
on 10/3/13 2:49 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations on kicking butt!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views