My 2013 conference photos and randomness.

sleevegirl
on 10/7/13 12:01 am - Austin, TX

A copy & paste from my blog here... OMG, I'm dying I'm so tired.

===========================

Oh, man. Re-entry is hard. I'm dragging this morning. I think I'm too old for this stuff. We'll get the weight stuff out of the way first... I indulged in a few treats over the weekend, a piece of chocolate, a couple of drinks, etc. I figured I'd wake up with a few pounds so I wasn't going to hit the scale for a few days, but it's a habit now... and a pleasant surprise. 149.5 - which is my lowest weight. I was surprised, but VERY happy!

The conference was a lot of fun. I had a few things that were a little odd, I'm used to business conferences and this was a little different. When I run the world, I shall make things just as *I* think they should be. BUT we had an amazing time. Honestly, I skipped the panels, it was mostly newbie questions. I went to a few sessions and learned a few things, but at this point it's mostly rehashing stuff I know. To be honest, I mostly went to see my friends and have a good time... and I succeeded.

My back was fine. I laid down several times when I felt it swelling or starting to get sore. I didn't have any major issues with it. I also didn't dance or do anything to stress it out because I did NOT want to be laid up with it.

On the way in, the TSA agent was questioning my driver's license. Sigh. I had it redone about half way through. I guess I need to go get it redone again. Gah, I hate the DOT office.

So... photos! I still look at these and cannot believe that is REALLY me. But it is... it's me :)

These are ones I grabbed from folks' phones, my phone or the OH FaceBook page. They had photographers everywhere so hopefully I have another post with other fun photos when those go online.

This is what Alison and I saw when we got off the elevator to our room. Dude, I think they put us on the wrong floor. No, we didn't get kicked out... although I dunno why. LOL!

I found this on my pillow from Alison... awwwwww!

My slide from the fashion show. I wore the same dress, LOL!

Alison and I in the first session

Alison's back was bugging her :(

What happens when formerly fat girls find chocolate? In the words of Summer "Sleeve Girls Gone Wild" - Oh, and that's RavenBrown (Deena) with Summer - not outing them - just sayin'. *I*, of course, didn't have any chocolate (Hahahaha... okay, maybe I did... hmmm)

Halloween party pics.

Yes, Chris Waffle is one lucky ******* But the devil was walking around tempting us with freaking twinkies.

Dinner at Joe's Crab Shack (hey, crab is good protein - crab, didn't crop out the alcohol). I look like a crazed zombie and John looks constipated. LOL!

Jen getting some lovin' from Alison & I

Okay, Linda is one HOT MOMMA. Dude... lookit

A big group of us being really silly at the after party...

... and, of course, I took a break out to visit with some of my business friends :)

Misc fun stuff:

- I roomed with Deena, Summer & Alison. We had a GREAT time. I had to majorly LOL when Deen and Summer came in at 2am after being out partying at a Mexican Salsa bar with Chris Waffle. Summer kind of flew onto the bed, slept with her ID and phone in her bra in her dress. I was thinking "if she pukes, I'm totally out of here"

- I got to meet so many wonderful folks, I'll never remember everyone's name, but my roomies, Linda, Linda, Elena, Ms Shell, Ginger, Lisa, Kim, Christina, Nicole, Alison, Jen, John, Chris, Summer, Deena... gah, I seriously cannot remember everyone. I loved that pretty much everyone was really just awesome to hang out with. Most everyone I met was super down to Earth and we were all just there to have a good time and celebrate ourselves.

- Wondering if I could steal another wheelchair and have wheelchair races down the "quiet" floor hallways.

- Starbucks. Starbucks. Did I mention Starbucks? (yes, with whipped cream, *****es!)

- Photos photos everywhere. It was kind of cool to see everyone and anyone being willing to jump into a photo. I know many of us used to shy away from photos.

So, yeah... now, I need to find some coffee.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

jubjub
on 10/7/13 12:26 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

Awesome - I truly wish I could have been there!

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

Nikke2003
on 10/7/13 12:33 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

You all look so amazing! Such an inspiration to me and so many others. I'm so happy that you all got a chance to hang out but INSANELY jealous that I missed my chance to meet all of you! :/ lol

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

mimij
on 10/7/13 12:59 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Looks like so much fun! I am definitely going to be there next time (short of death or death in the family)

Ya'll look fantastic! Glad a great time was had by all.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/13 1:12 am

You are beautiful and it was so much fun being there.  I might be addicted.

Shagdoll
on 10/7/13 1:40 am

Candy, I just love you to pieces gurl. 

It was an honor to meet up with you for the 2nd time in less than 6 months.  You looked amazing back in March & you look amazing now.  I was taking you all in like a sponge.  I see your success & that makes me want to be successful too.

Thank you for being so real & sweet with me.  You are truly a genuine person & thank you for being happy for my happiness in life.  I can tell that is a true quality in a friend when our friends are happy for us.

You look freaking amazing & you rocked your runway dress!  A size Medium... who, you?!?!  YES YOU!!!!!!  and you looked absolutely beautiful!!!!

Thank you for inspiring me to the fullest.  I hope to see you again very soon.  Love ya lots!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Spencerella
on 10/7/13 2:05 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

It was such a thrill for me to to meet you Candy!  Your success still blows me away. And as I expected, you're one of the nicest, smartest people anywhere!  You rocked the fashion show too. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Tracy D.
on 10/7/13 2:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Candy - so glad that your back was healthy enough to let you go and have a blast!  Love seeing all the pics and all the HAPPINESS in everyone's faces!  Next year - gotta get myself to wherever this good time is going to be :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

frisco
on 10/7/13 2:26 am

Great pics !!!!

Now post the good ones..... you know.... the sloppy ones......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Chris Waffle
on 10/7/13 3:23 am - Cypress, CA

It was great meeting you in person, Candy! You are awesome! Glad you had such a good time!

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

Most Active