weird reaction to great news

aliekat
on 10/15/13 11:29 am

So i get within 2 pounds of a 100 pounds weight loss at three months and the rapid weight loss slows down, no prob. i have been expecting this for some time and felt it would be good to coast to my goal. besides i am at a lower weight than i could have dreamed. My body fat % was determined to be 13% which can't be real  but has caused me significant blow back in people telling me to stop losing weight . So i increase my calories from 1400 to 1600 to coast gently to my goal. 

Then i get on the scale two days later (on my 90th day post op) mostly to keep myself honest and not allow the weight to go up. and voila I lost a little bit, so i feel good, not great, reasured really that i did not ruin everything by easing up on my program. and like ten beats go by before it hits me, I LOST 100   pounds! how could i have missed that? Instead of being elated and celebrating, like i read in these support sites I feel conflicted. All the rules presurgery no longer apply. In the past i have worked so hard to lose a pound a week and now, it hardly feels like trying. I think i am convinced this is all a fantasy and will be taken away just as quickly as it was given to me.

I also cannot see what others see from fifty feet away. people are blown away at the rapid change in me. I have to stare in the mirror to kind of see improvement.

it goes to prove what my wife has always said, i am crazy and have a fat brain.

Disclaimer: Although I am a doctor, I do not play one on TV, nor have I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.  I've done a lot of additional research on WLS issues but am not qualified to give medical advice over the internet.  I'm happy to share my research with you, but you should see an acting professional if you want real medical advice.enlightened

Rose_Dawson
on 10/15/13 5:57 pm - MN
VSG on 10/16/13
That is really interesting, to hear of such a different reaction...
And congratulations on your 100!

Nmmsg
on 10/15/13 9:02 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
We all have the fat brain- I like that term. Enjoy your success!

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active