Period Problems.. I need help

ShelleKarena
on 10/25/13 11:05 am
VSG on 07/10/13 with

So.. I am on depo provera, and was on it years before surgery.  Recently it has gone wonky and I basically have break through bleeding and cramps 90% of the time.  Seriously I had my iron checked and it was really low, so low it is causing more hair to fall out than I would have would wls alone.  I have tried taking iron, but I wonder if I am taking enough?  I am still feeling pretty tired.  Lets not even start on the bloating :) So anyhow, has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to correct it?  I have a theory that the excess estrogen being released by fat cells may be interfering with my shot.  How much iron should I be taking a day?

Super Cali Swagalistic Sexy Hella Dopeness!

Pre op: 15 lbs  M1: 18.4 lbs M2: 13.4 (2 wk stall) M3 14.4

themexcellentone
on 10/25/13 12:18 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

The iron supplement I take every day has 18 mg in it, which is what was recommended for me.  I had low iron at my 3 month labs so my PCP had me start supplementation then.  I'll see how I do in January when I go back to see her.

Good to see you posting again!  Hope all is well with you.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

moonglo82
on 10/25/13 1:11 pm
VSG on 03/29/12

Silly question... does depo provera come in different strengths?  I only ask because I had the exact same problem after surgery and the only thing that worked for me was upping the dosage of my birth control to make it so that I did only bleed for one period a month. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

mkvand
on 10/25/13 9:24 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Yes, depo does come in different strengths.  And, to the OP, yes, there are hormones stored in fat, so losing weight can cause your hormones to go out of whack.  Please make sure you use back up birth control until things even out.

Most Active