It is done!

AndiT
on 11/2/13 5:15 am - Hillsboro, OR
VSG on 10/30/13

I had my surgery on Wednesday the 30th, in all I feel ok... first afternoon I was walking and joking and laughing, until the residual anesthesia wore off.  Holy hell.  By evening I was a bawling mess of pain.  I felt gas pressure in my chest cavity and near my collar bone.  Managed to burp a lot of it out.  Went home the next day, the 31st around 7pm doing ok with the help of liquid tylenol and the occasional oxycodone. 

As a TMI, dear god I have never farted so much in my LIFE!  Still no BM, cause I'm on liquids, so I guess its normal?  Also last night I went to use the restroom and I had started my monthly.  Now... I have a Mirena IUD and haven't had this issue since 2006.  AND NOW IT STARTS?!  They didn't even go down there!!!!

Belly incisions look good, sutures under the skin and dermal glue on the surface.  Trying to teach my 5 year old not to go flying into my belly and jab me with his elbows, which he has managed a few times already *cry*

All in all I'm doing well, some slight nausea with my meds, thank god for the dissolvable zofran tablets.  Wont lie, had a few moments of what the **** was I thinking and why did I do this to myself.  I know in a week or so this discomfort will be a foggy memory and I'll have many happy days as I loose weight to look forward to with my beautiful son and awesome husband.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/13 5:32 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Welcome to the sleeved life! It will get better. I wish you a speedy recovery and successful weight loss!

mickeymantle
on 11/2/13 5:58 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

welcome to the losers bench

try holding a pillow on your belly when your son is around

bm usually start around 1 week out and diarrhea is not usual till you start eating solid food 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

candiedtamz
on 11/2/13 6:37 am - TX
VSG on 10/22/13

Hi AndiT! Welcome to the sleeve family! Your experience and thoughts sounds just like mine! LOL  

I'm barely 2 weeks out but I can tell you life gets so much better each individual day. In a week you will be feeling awesome. Don't worry about the BM because you will do just a little here and there. I'm going every other day and that's just because I'm finally drinking enough fluids...more specifically water. Remember to take it slow and let the hubby do the chores while you relax. Make sure to get as much sleep as your body calls for so you can heal properly. Take good care of your incisions too. Also, don't worry about trying to get in all your proteins right now...it's just not going to happen. When you are able to drink and eat soup just sip slow and enjoy every moment of your journey. Good Luck and God bless!

AndiT
on 11/2/13 6:38 am - Hillsboro, OR
VSG on 10/30/13

Thanks guys, yes definitely, pillows have been a life saver so far, both for coughing and for when my son is around.

Feels so funny for us to call ourselves losers when really I feel like I've won my life and dignity back.  But I understand the context =D  So glad to have made it this far.

princesswimmer24
on 11/2/13 7:43 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Welcome to the sleeved club!! I started my period the day I left the hospital and I hadn't had a period in over a year. Your going to have wacky periods and pms symptoms for awhile. Unfortunately women have more hormonal issues than men with rapid weight loss. I'm glad that the pillow is helping. Lazy Boy and pillows were my bestfriends after surgery. I hope you continue to feel better each day!! Keep us updated on your progress!!

Machelle.K
on 11/2/13 9:32 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Well you sound normal to me kiss you'll feel so much better next week!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

tyniedancer
on 11/2/13 4:46 pm - lagrange, IN
congratulations on your surgery. I'm new here. Not scheduled for surgery yet but waiting for insurance company. I've been doing a lot of reading of the posts and one lady said that fat cells store hormones which is why we ladies get the blessed time of the month even when we're using birth controls that keep us from having them. so in a way is a very very good thing

Cheryl

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views