I Miss a Good Sandwich!!!!

hope123
on 11/13/13 12:29 pm - MO

I'm only 3 weeks post-op, and I'm dying for a really good sandwich, LOL! I miss Subway!  It's funny how out of all the foods I can miss, a "sandwich" is at the top of my list right now.  Is that weird?  Have you guys had any weird cravings you miss?  I'm getting through it, but I'll admit it's hard.  One day at a time...

LosingSarah
on 11/13/13 12:42 pm, edited 11/13/13 12:42 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

It's funny that you say this. Sandwiches are what I miss, too. My hubby made one of my pre-op go-to lunches today. Grilled cheese made with locally made with locally made Tunisian bread, smoked gouda, sliced tomato, and onion. My mouth was watering for it while I ate my bread free lunch.

I think it started for me this weekend. We had a bunch of family in town to help us take down a 60' elm tree in our back yard. I was making sandwiches all weekend for everyone except myself while they worked.

Hubby used the last of the bread up today, so I imagine those urges will go away, hopefully :)  We've been buying it less often since my surgery.

hope123
on 11/13/13 1:02 pm, edited 11/13/13 1:03 pm - MO

Oh wow, that would have been so hard for me to make sandwiches for everyone else and not be able to eat it too...you're good!  Now you've made me hungry for grilled cheese with ham and tomato.  Dang, I'm pitiful, LOL!

I haven't had anything substantial to eat (solids) since October 20th. This was the first week I've had anything other then tiny sips of water, because nothing would stay down before.  I need to snap out of this.

Kyraiyne
on 11/13/13 1:42 pm - Walton , KY
VSG on 10/30/13

Funny, just today I had my first craving.  I wanted raisin bran with almond milk.  It went away as fast as it came, Thank God!

hope123
on 11/13/13 2:56 pm - MO

LOL, I saw a Raisin Bran commercial today and thought that sounded good too, and I haven't had Raisin Bran in years.

MAchick
on 11/14/13 3:42 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Hopefully soon you will be able to have the best part of the sandwich.....the insides! I am pre-op, but I still prefer cheese and meats to bread. I'm not a big bread person, though!

hope123
on 11/14/13 4:20 am - MO

I'm not a big bread, or pasta person for that matter either.  But for some reason a sandwich has sounded so good to me lately.  I guess a person can still like sandwiches without being a big bread person though.  I just don't crave things like bagels, muffins, or just eating bread only like some people do.  I can understand where they're coming from though, because I crave meat, and some people don't.

MAchick
on 11/14/13 12:34 pm
VSG on 01/27/14
Cravings are so weird. I remember last year I was craving Dijon mustard every day all day LOL.
hope123
on 11/14/13 12:59 pm - MO

Mmm, lets get a big spoon of Dijon mustard, LOL!  That's a funny craving!  :-)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views