massive stomach pain

starry957
on 12/1/13 10:16 am

Ow!! I do not go to doctor's or hospitals easily AT ALL.  Yesterday while working I started getting "crampy", then had increasing pain dead centre (felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach - not a sharp pain, but an achy, take your breath away pain).  I ended up going to the hospital...pain began subsiding after about 45mins.  The doctor "suspected" an internal hernia??  But, given how my bowels feel today, I think it might have been some sort of a blockage or impaction higher up??

Anyone have any knowledge or experiences with this stuff???  I know no one is a doctor, but wondered if anyone else has had anything similar.  I have had ongoing impaction/constipation since the surgery, but it had actually been getting better and better in the last couple months - without having to use any "teas" or anything.  I did go off plan for a couple of days and had increased sugar/carbs prior to this occurrence and thought that there might be some connection??

I don't know....but I hope that this NEVER happens again, it was awful!  The doctor at emerg tried to contact one of the bariatric surgeons in Toronto (I don't live in Toronto), but, of course, got no reply...

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/13 10:23 am

i have no info to give you, but i am glad things are settling down.  tomorrow is monday so hopefully you will get some answers then.

for now, rest and i hope you get a good nights sleep.

red42897
on 12/2/13 12:03 am
VSG on 08/20/12

Wow I had similar problem yesterday. Felt like I was kicked in the stomach and would last about 3-5 minutes each time.  I had my daughter call 911. (Just posted about it before I read this).  I had the beginning of the flu so I know that's what triggered it but it was very scary.  

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

starry957
on 12/2/13 12:16 am

is yours all gone now?  That particular pain went away, but I haven't felt "right" since....have gone to the bathroom a few times but nothing unusual (for me).  I do periodically get mild pain in the exact same place - lower/side left of my abdomen...my mom thinks it's the small bowel area? 

Anyway, ya, I feel like this was pretty weird, and I don't really know what it was. 

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

red42897
on 12/2/13 12:28 am
VSG on 08/20/12

My pain/spasm was in my diaphragm area. I feel tons better. I have had diarrhea today which I think is from the flu bug. :(  I hope you get better! It's not good at all. 

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

Most Active