New Job and Snacks!!

danixbanani
on 12/16/13 5:14 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Today's my first day on the job.  I was nervous and did prepare a lunch but now that I know where the pantry and everything is, I will be able to plan better next week.  I thought one of the perks of being at a smaller company that doesn't have their own building would be less snacks and temptation for me!  My old company owned the whole building and had a cafe on the main floor...I used to go hunting for snacks in the afternoon.

Well, I'm sitting in my office and someone just placed a plate of brownies on the bookcase directly outside my door.  LOL I can't even be mad, I just have to laugh.  I'm avoiding them but still...I guess office snacks are hard to avoid everywhere.

Happy Monday!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

emelar
on 12/16/13 6:27 am - TX

It's the time of year.  I was just given some home-made peanut brittle.  We had our building holiday party today - nothing but cookies and cakes.  And things have been "appearing" in the break room on a regular basis.  It'll calm down after Christmas - always does.

Congrats on surviving the first day at the new job!

Shagdoll
on 12/16/13 6:47 am

Luckily, I don't see a lot of snacks around my work area but last week after our holiday luncheon (that I missed), the big boss left everyone a big ass bag of her homemade "holiday crack".  Holy mutha f*er!!!!

Stay strong!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Tracy D.
on 12/16/13 7:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

This time of year is the WORST!!  The goodies they brought in today made the cookies from last week look like dog food :-(   I steered clear all day but I can't wait until the first of the year when everyone else will be on a god damned diet - lol!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

danixbanani
on 12/16/13 10:00 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

LOL you said it best!  Can't wait until everyone goes on their New Year's diet!  haha

isign4u
on 12/16/13 1:56 pm
Ha! I will be happy when everyone goes back on their diets too. My office provides "snacks" year round. In the break room we have giant jars of M&Ms, Reeses, Peanut M&Ms, trail mix with ( yup you guessed it) M&Ms, chocolate pudding, Apple sauce, Veggie straws ( my personal fav), tortilla chips, hummus, string cheese, special k strudel bars, fiber one brownies, etc.... you get the idea. This is year round. While it's a nice gesture and I loved all the good food before I started this journey, it is getting on my nerves now. There are some ok choices, but I am not in that phase yet. I'm one week post op and go back to work tomorrow. I feel like I don't want to go in the kitchen EVER. I used to love eating all that free food. I need to get my butt in counseling asap! This is tough!
"One mistake does not a day make"        
rissa1224
on 12/16/13 8:58 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Hope your first day rocked!!

I work in a small office and they all know about my surgery, in fact 2 ladies are in the process (one goes in for her VSG on Thursday!) and that one made her Christmas Cookies galore and even brought some in! It's in a tin next to my desk. I did have some. But BOY did my body act like a crack addict's body who needs another hit! It felt like when I used to drink caffeine (which was hardly ever). I just felt like I had a sugar rush and I wanted to run around in circles. No more for me! I am going to make some type of protein-like cookie for myself this year so I can enjoy a snack. Or maybe those protein pumpkin muffins I made.

Good luck and be brave with snacking!

danixbanani
on 12/16/13 10:01 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I'm not even wild on the sweets...I used to just put them in my mouth mindlessly.  The Halloween candy KILLS me though because gosh do I love those bite sized critters.  Thankfully I have a whole year before that happens again Lol  Thanks, first day went great.  Second day, here we go!

rissa1224
on 12/16/13 10:19 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

This halloween was hard for me. My first one post op. I love the little milky ways and i never used to like them! I didnt do as bad as I thought i was going to do which is good. I try to prepare myself. Didnt help by taking my god child out who is 4 years old and she would yell at the people answering the door to give me candy when I politely told her not to do that LOL. Good luck on day 2!

Miss150
on 12/17/13 1:35 am

Office workers and teachers--I swear, it's like living in WLpurgatory.  The eternal temptations....

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active