Help with my husband who is Newley sleeved.

Smcquithy
on 12/29/13 9:23 am

thanks. He hasn't vomited since he came home on Friday. I'm claiming its because I am a better nurse than at the hospital, lol. We are following the doctors orders, but I just didn't understand his hunger feelings, I didn't have that. 

I will check with the dr tomorrow about the PPI. The only meds they send him home with was Zophran.

Stephanie

pineview01
on 12/30/13 1:49 pm - Davison, MI

Good luck and give him a big hug.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

magtart
on 12/29/13 8:43 am

I wouldn't think the seeds in strawberries would be very good for a newly sleeved stomach.

Surgery date: 12/17/13

themexcellentone
on 12/29/13 9:35 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Exactly. I was told nothing with seeds until at least 6 weeks out.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Stacy T.
on 12/29/13 5:11 pm - Akron, OH

I made a misread what she typed. I was thinking he was sleeved at the end of November like me. I can have that now though, but of course clear liquids at the beginning.

brynn3
on 12/29/13 8:57 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

I had  a hard time drinking just one shake a day so my Dr said to try yogurt with a banana and spinach.  i never had vomiting though, just d

wasn't getting enough nutrients in at first.

Brandy

rivieramaya05
on 12/29/13 9:40 am - TX
VSG on 12/16/13

It's probably head hunger. I was sleeved on the 16th. The first week I was only allowed shakes. By the seventh day I was so hungry for some food I laid in bed dreaming of food. That issue went away when I was able to start mushy foods. I still get hungry sometimes but I remind myself it's my head and not actual hunger. Being active helps too. I saw someone mentioned strawberries. I would suggest not eating anything with a lot of sugar, even natural sugars. If it's not protein rich, don't eat it. 

princesswimmer24
on 12/29/13 11:59 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I had both vomiting and hunger. My hubby didn't have either. Now the hunger is from my hormone that I take. I'm hungry 24/7. Zofran was my best friend post op and the other thing that helped the nausea and the hunger was hot peppermint tea. Any warm beverage seems to trick my tummy into thinking that I'm eating. I do a lot of hot beverages throughout the day to combat my hunger. I can't go off the hormone, so I have to deal with ways to trick my head lol Good Luck and keep us updated on his progress. Hubby and I had our surgeries 3 weeks apart from the same surgeon and our experiences were like night/day lol

Most Active