3 HOURS of Yoga--Happy 2014!

shrinking_sarah
on 1/2/14 7:44 am - CA

I posted a while ago that I'd signed up for a 3-hour yoga class to "flow" into the new year at a local yoga studio.  I thought perhaps I'd lost my mind, but I did it anyhow.  Some of you asked to hear how it went:

IT. WAS. AWESOME!!! 

I REALLY enjoyed it.  The studio is an amazing space--I'm hoping this summer I'll have time to justify a membership for a few months.  The instructors were inspiring.  They even had live music for a portion of the time (I don't think that is normal, just a special New Year's thing).  I sweated my a$$ off, put parts of me in places I never thought they'd go (that sounds bad, huh?), and actually balanced in a couple of poses I didn't think I'd be able to do.  The time went really quickly, and I'm a little sore today but not too bad--I made it to a circuit training class at my regular gym.

If you are anywhere near San Jose, you should check out Breathe in Los Gatos.  It is really really really awesome. 

I'm going to try to do more yoga at my gym for now, because it was a fun challenge.  Breathe, I think, is for people *****ally want both the physical and mental/spiritual aspects of yoga. 

I can't even believe I am the same person who was 253 pre-op and just recovering a year ago today.  I did a 3 hour yoga class.  Who does that????  On New Year's Day????

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Nancybefree
on 1/2/14 8:09 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Thanks for posting your update.  I'm so glad you went!  Sounds amazing.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

cece58
on 1/2/14 10:57 am - CA

I began doing Yoga when Dr. C suggested i get a hobby when I was whining about being stressed out.  I was hooked at the first class. I love my Yoga every day. I work my schedule around my Yoga class and if I have to miss a day I am really bummed out. It has done amazing things for me physically and also mentally. I am much stronger all over and I can relax and breathe out tension much better than before. Glad you went and enjoyed it. Hope to see you at SJ group in Jan. Happy New Year!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

Most Active